Our client, a medium-sized Engineering company based in, Stellenbosch.is specialising in the design, development, integration, implementation and support of complex hardware and software systems, is looking for an experienced Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will become a core contributor in a team developing user interfaces and supporting application server components for data organisation, data exploration, data analysis, data visualisation, GIS and workflow.
Help us to extend our position as market leader providing insights into telecoms big data delivered by very large distributed processing systems. Join us in creating new user interface applications using Vue.js and Spring Boot and make a significant contribution to our success, technology evolution, UX design and architecture.
Obsess over requirements, design and user experience to deliver just the right product that promotes user adoption and delights customers.
Work in an agile team with high customer focus, developing software in a continuous integration environment. Have passion for developing robust, reliable, high-throughput systems used by hundreds of expert operators, analysts and administrators.
Over time, provide guidance on adoption of advances in technology and software architecture design to improve our position in the market through the quality of our products.
Required Experience / skills
- BSc. Computer Science, BEng (with Computer Science subjects up to final year) or equivalent plus 2 - 5 year’s relevant experience in an aligned position.
- Full stack UI development
- Familiar with UX interaction design process with familiarity of user research, personas and information architecture
- Experience in building new UI architectures from scratch
- Experience in automated test development and processes to support continuous integration
- Experience in multi-threaded performance-centric design
- Experience in deploying solutions to production, providing support and maintenance, dealing with user and support feedback and troubleshooting to rapidly solve problems.
- Experience in design and development for distributed service-oriented architectures and asynchronous messaging
- Experience in integration of diverse systems in a service-oriented architecture
- Dependency injection
- Refactoring skills
- Semantic versioning
- Software development effort estimation and planning
- Micro-service architecture design patterns
- Application of SOLID design principles and principles of modular application architecture Automated Test Development and Continuous Integration
- Spring boot
- js - familiarity with the vue.js ecosystem
- Innovative, solving tough problems and revealing unique solutions.
- Detail orientated approach that seeks to gain a deep understanding of the domain.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to promote collaboration and enhance teamwork.
- Desires to mentor others to promote the strength of the team.
- Aspires to learn new skills and research to gain knowledge.
- Takes initiative, prioritizes his or her time and works independently with little need for supervision.
- Desires to improve and drive change that leads to higher quality and productivity for the whole team.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us after 30 days you may consider your application unsuccessful
- Only SA Citizens will be considered
- Please include your current salary and salary expectations.