DEAN OF ACADEMIC OPERATIONS: Reporting to the Chief Academic Officer
Position based in Randburg, Johannesburg
The Dean of Academic Operations provides academic leadership and accountability for Brand Academic Operations.
The Dean is responsible for managing and supporting site Academic Managers with operational delivery of programmes; material and assessment management and development of integrated quality assurance at campus level.
In addition, the Dean is responsible for ensure campus readiness, improving and redesigning academic processes, assessments and moderation; campus resources; as well as effective delivery of the curriculum at site level.
The role encompasses academic governance, and effective and efficient academic operational tactics that reflects in improved service delivery to our students.
Requirements of the job:
1. PhD or Doctorate preferred (a minimum of a Masters will be considered)
2. At least five years at Senior Management level in higher education
3. At least three years high-level Academic Operational experience
4. A proven teaching and research portfolio with curriculum development and assessment design experience
5. Proven experience in managing and implementing processes.
6. Experience in dealing with regulatory affairs and academic quality assurance processes within a higher education environment.
Competencies of the job:
Effective leadership and management skills.
Key performance areas: Indicate Key Performance Areas and the estimated percentage of time spent in each area
Academic Management and Operations 40%
Management of Assessments and Moderation 20%
Academic Governance: policies & processes 30%
Faculty Academic Staffing Approvals 10%
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link