A leading company in the Butchery/ Meat Industry based outside Pretoria is looking for an experienced Product Developer to innovate and execute multiple new product development projects and trials from initial concept to launch and align existing products to relevant legislation and customer specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities
New Product Development
· Identify and develop new product initiatives in accordance to the Company Group Strategy in the factory and butchery counters.
· Design and conduct new product trials, from concept to launch.
· Develop product specifications – raw material, final product and internal.
· Conduct the necessary trials and develop additional product documentation as required, i.e. cooking time verification reports, 4P documentation, Pack Copy (label) information incl. ingredient declarations, Internal NPD Requests etc.
· Stay abreast of, and ensure compliance to, the most recent legislation and customer specification requirements wrt product labelling across the company product offering.
· New products KPI reporting 6 weeks after product launch & continual sensory monitoring of products to ensure quality and profile is maintained.
· Training of production and quality teams to ensure product is manufactured according to specification.
· Preparation/make-up and timely dispatch of samples to customers
· Execute relevant product trials aimed at improving existing products/protocols/ranges or new product initiates.
· Design project plans, communicate with relevant operational teams, capture data and compile reports.
Maintenance of internal product information system
· Develop and change internal product specifications (NPD Requests) as required
· Submission of NPD Requests to the IT and Master Data departments and the verification of these updates to the operational system (i.e. BOM changes or tare weights)
Supplier and Raw material Liaison
· Liaise and build strong relationship with suppliers, building on:
o Continual innovation, i.e. new flavors and product/process ideas
o Compliance to raw material requirements (quality/procurement/availability/cost)
o Ensuring raw material is available for all trials and initial launch
Desired Experience & Qualification
· Diploma: Food Technology (Required)
· Degree: Consumer Science / Equivalent (Preferable)
· 2 – 4 years’ relevant technical experience (Fresh Meat / Fish)
Package & Remuneration
R 25 000 - R 29 000 CTC pm.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PEOPLE DIMENSION believes that every successful Brand is shaped by Great People who deliver on the promise they make. PEOPLE DIMENSION is a Recruitment agency committed to seek greatness in the South African job market. Skills attraction is our passion and building trusted partnerships with both our clients and applicants our priority. PEOPLE DIMENSION prides us on providing a personalized and delivery-focused recruitment function across all industries. Our Services include both permanent and contract placements, in the following specialist areas; Information Technology Engineering Finance Office Support Insurance Marketing & Sales A clear understanding of our clients’ business and corporate culture is the starting point of every successful placement we make. Our extensive industry knowledge and more than 11 year presence within the recruitment industry, enables us to find and introduce South Africa’s top talent to our clients. We also believe in continuous follow up on the progress of the candidate we have placed as well as the level of both our client’s and candidate’s satisfaction with our service. PEOPLE DIMENSION adheres to the APSO Constitution and Code of Ethics and is therefore very serious in complying with the requirements of South Africa’s Labour legislation. We are also a Level 4 BEE Contributor. Integrity and Service excellence is our promise to you. We invite you to choose PEOPLE DIMENSION as your recruitment partner.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link