Our client based in Beaconvale WC is looking for an IT Manager with a broad skills base in networks, security, hardware, and software. Job requirements (minimum entry requirement):
The IT Manager will be responsible for managing 2 employees.
- Grade 12 plus relevant IT qualification
- Broad skills base, Networks, security, hardware, and software
- Punctual, shows interest and enthusiasm towards work, co-operates with staff at all levels within the company, dependable, shows initiative, attention to detail, accuracy
User Support/End User Computing
- Supports all users with desktop, printer, and software issues by responding to helpdesk tickets that are escalated from Tier 2 and 3.
- Support on Tier 3 Tickets.
- Ensures that all PCs have latest software, appropriate server access and security, logged and tracked in the helpdesk.
- Monitor helpdesk to meet SLA consistently.
System Administration & Monitoring
- Responsible for overall IT infrastructure health and maintenance
- Sets up server monitoring and reporting system.
- Ensures server capacity and processing power is optimal for business needs.
- Sets up and monitor system backup mechanisms with Veeam.
- Maintain and improve Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Implements necessary security & systems policies.
- Office 365 Administration.
- Network Administration.
- Implements necessary security systems & policies.
- External audit and penetration test will be done yearly to ensure compliance to IT standards.
- Research system security and do continues improvements.
- Maintain firewalls and security infrastructure.
- Ensure all systems are compliant.
Office Automation, hardware control and purchasing
- Investigates best technology resources for business requirements by attending technology seminars and keeping up to date with latest technologies.
- Asset management - records location, cost & status of all technology related resources and provide reports to departments on usage where applicable.
- Ensures all hardware and software are up to date, in suitable working condition.
- Ensures up to date & recorded use of all software licences and participation in Microsoft processes to ensure compliance.
- Purchasing of all IT related equipment.
- Plans, manages & co-ordinate all IT projects and ensure projects are delivered on time and to specification.
- Assist other company projects where IT assistance is required.
Access Control System with Time and Attendance
- Setup and maintain groups and user access to all access-controlled doors as required by HR.
- Oversees maintenance and repairs of system, all repairs and maintenance logged and tracked in helpdesk.
- Assists HR with time and attendance system and maintenance.
- Support all users with telephony system.
- Creates new accounts and control access to the telephony system.
General: cGMP & Health/Safety
- Reports irregularities and other non-conformities relating to cGMP which forms part of the continual quality improvement process.
- Performs all tasks in accordance with the Health and Safety requirements per the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993.
- Promotes safe working conditions to minimize workplace injuries.
- Carries out all tasks according to relevant Standard Operating Procedures which are obtainable in each department. This may include operating SYSPRO.
- Adheres to all company policies and rules.
- All relevant documentation to be completed accurately and filed.
- Housekeeping – maintains a neat and tidy workspace.