Our client based in Stellenbosch seeks the services of a Senior Software Engineer responsible for designing, building, delivering, and maintaining software applications & services.
- You will be working in the areas of machine, cloud, platform, and/or application.
- You will be responsible for contributing to the software lifecycle including activities such as requirement analysis, documentation/procedures, implementation, and quality assurance.
- You will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across the business.
- You will contribute to specification and design.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast-paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Provide technical leadership as part of an agile team
- Translate requirements/vision into a prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
- Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
- Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers, and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) with extensive experience as a senior software engineer.
Required Technical Expertise:
- Experienced in developing, debugging, and testing multi-threaded client/server and desktop applications and services for MS Windows Operating Systems with the following programming languages: C++, C#
- Experienced in relational database design and writing and maintaining efficient queries using MS SQL Server
- Experienced in using MS Visual Studio (or MS Visual Studio Code)
- Experienced in modern CI tooling (Git, Jenkins, Propel)
- Experienced in an agile environment and cross-functional Scrum team
Additional Beneficial (Optional) Technical Expertise:
- Experienced in developing, debugging, and testing COM components.
- Experience with the following programming languages: Python, Java