A Fruit and Wine farm near Franschhoek is looking for a passionate, people-oriented, and meticulous Production Manager to join the Food Processing team. This position will focus on the manufacturing and processing of cold pressed juices, water bottling, and our aperitif. The ideal incumbent is a dynamic, positive professional with experience in food production and team management.
- BSc/BTech/National Diploma in Food Science/Technology or relevant qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in food manufacturing (FMCG) or production management.
- HACCP knowledge will be advantageous.
- Fresh produce knowledge will be advantageous.
- Bottling or fruit packaging experience will be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills (Afrikaans and English).
- Excellent people and process management skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous and quick to pick up on inaccuracies.
- Ability to delegate tasks, as required.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
- Deadline and target driven.
- Systematic and innovative.
- Plan and organise production schedules and forecasts.
- Manage three production teams.
- Monitor quality and output of production.
- Oversee management of raw materials.
- Maintain and ensure food safety standards.
- Ensure that the company culture is maintained and upheld daily.
- Manage and improve production staff retention and staff absenteeism.
- Organise relevant training sessions.
- Support the New Product Development (NPD) process by assisting and conducting trials and identifying optimal production methods.
- Work closely with and support the maintenance and technical teams.