Our client a Leading Tech firm is seeking 2 Senior Cisco Security Engineer to join their team in Cape town, Durban, Port Elizabeth or Johannesburg . They offer stability, growth, attractive salary with benefits, exposure and an excellent working environment.
As a Senior Cisco Security Engineer, you'll be responsible for providing IT security and network infrastructure support to the company's business units. You will monitor systems and networks to ensure that they are secure from cyber threats, comply with regulatory requirements and avoid risks of data breaches. You'll also manage the deployment of new security technologies as required by the organisation.
- Translates loosely defined requirements into solutions.
- Collaborates with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- Performs incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
- Coordinates with customers in the preparation of security audit reports.
- Primary focus is on network security, security architecture, operations and maintenance of the Cisco infrastructure and operations such as incident response, disaster recovery, and continuous monitoring.
- Responds to security incidents and issues, performs root cause analysis and develops action plans to resolve the problem.
- Plans and develops a cohesive security architecture that integrates hardware, software, and people.
- Is proficient with industry standards and best practices.
- Performs technical assessments to determine the effectiveness of existing security controls and identify new technologies and solutions.
- Oversees the design, development, and implementation of strong technical and business security controls that address vulnerabilities and compliance requirements.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Cisco networking technologies, such as firewall and VPN configuration, network security protocols and firewalls, network security policy development and management.
- Previous experience with implementing Cisco Security Policies is a plus.
- Three years of experience in security architecture and design with an emphasis on application security, web application development, network security, operating system level administration, troubleshooting, and technical support.
- Experience working with Cisco products a plus.