The world’s leading medical & travel security services company operating from over 1000 locations in 90 countries with more than 11,000 multi-cultural medical, security and logistics experts.
The Regional Billing and Credit Control Manager is a key member of the African Regional Financial Leadership Team and is accountable for the governance and processes relating to billing, collections, and credit control across the African Region. The position needs to ensure that the African region consistently delivers on the major working capital KPI’s of the Group i.e., Collections %, AR over 60 days %, WIP, CIT and TBT. The role will work closely with various teams at both cluster and regional level in Africa as well as coordinate and monitor the services provided by the GSS team in KL.
· Minimum of 8 years’ experience managing a billing and credit control function within a multinational organization – Africa experience is a pre-requisite.
· Proven success in developing high performing teams.
· Proven experience in working in unstructured environments and process transformation that resulted in improved KPI’s
· Finance qualification along with professional certification (CA, CPA, ACCA, AGMA).
· Qualification in credit risk management will be advantageous.
· English – Written and spoken – Excellent command
· French / Portuguese – Highly desirable
· Travel within the African region is required.
· Occasional travel outside of the African region may be required.
· Lead the Billing and Credit Control team across the African region and ensure that team members are continuously developed through active coaching, mentoring, and training.
· Work closely with the regional CFO, cluster General Managers and CFO’s as well as other relevant stakeholders to drive initiatives that are designed to meet the African regional and cluster working capital KPI’s as defined.
· Accountable for the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of billing in line with KPI’s and policies and procedures of the Group.
· Develop, implement, and monitor appropriate performance metrics and dashboards on the status of billing and credit control performance, which will serve as the basis on which pro-active corrective action can be taken.
· Ensure that Group policies on Billing and Credit Control is embedded across the African region and through periodic monitoring activities ensure that full compliance to these policies are ensured.
· Accountable for the identification, mitigation, and escalation of all credit risk across the African region. A consolidated schedule of potential credit risk needs to be always maintained and reported to the Regional Financial Controller, Africa and Regional CFO, Africa monthly for decisions to be taken as to the completeness of the African region doubtful debt provision.
· Accountable to prepare and upload of the budgeted and forecasted KPI’s for the African region as per Group instructions and guidelines.
· Accountable to provide collections forecasts as input into the African regional cash flow budget and forecast and to ensure that any deviation from the collection’s forecasts submitted are pro-actively communicated to the Regional Treasury Manager, Africa as well as the Region CFO, Africa.
· Liaison with the GSS teams in KL on operational matters impacting billing and account allocations.
· Lead/Contribute/Drive execution of transformation projects i.e. Project Benjamin and other projects that are aimed at improving the processes supporting the standardisation and execution of the billing and credit control functions across the African region.
· Continuously review work processes to ensure efficient workflow to maximize efficiency and quality of information flow.
Consider your application unsuccessful should you not be contacted within 7 working days.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Please check your email. It looks like you haven't verified your account yet. Here's what you're missing out on:
Didn't receive the link? Resend Verification Link