Our client a Global Tech firm is seeking an AWS Engineer to join their team in Sandton on a contract basis. They offer stability, growth, competitive rates, exposure and an excellent working environment.
As an AWS Engineer, you'll design and develop solutions on the Amazon Web Services platform. This will include building highly available and scalable services that can be deployed in production with minimal effort. You'll work as part of a team to identify problems and implement solutions for these issues across multiple applications.
- Provides hands-on experience with the full spectrum of cloud solutions available in AWS.
- Identify security vulnerabilities, provide feedback to the team, and develop a remediation plan.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on cloud computing platforms, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and other industry-specific areas.
- Manages complex projects and architecture through establishing service level agreements and designing, implementing, and monitoring production environments.
- Deployment, automation, management, and maintenance of AWS cloud-based production system.
- Ensuring availability, performance, security, and scalability of AWS production systems.
- Management of creation, release, and configuration of production systems.
- Evaluation of new technology alternatives and vendor products.
- System troubleshooting and problem resolution across various application domains and platforms.
- Pre-production acceptance testing for quality assurance.
- Provision of critical system security by leveraging best practices and prolific cloud security solutions.
- Providing recommendations for architecture and process improvements.
- Definition and deployment of systems for metrics, logging, and monitoring on the AWS platform.
- Designing, maintaining, and management of tools for automation of different operational processes.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in a Software Engineering role with AWS
- Must have AWS or Amazon Web Services certification and have previous experience in cloud services.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field required