Position: Reporting Analyst
The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing complex data manipulation and analysis, as well as design and development of reporting and integration solutions to support the company and its clients.
By joining this renowned company reporting will be assigned broad responsibilities and analysis skills within the technology stream. The Reporting Analyst will be involved in development of new software solutions (dealt with as projects) as well as maintaining existing systems (part of operational maintenance tasks).
- Data extracts/reports: Write scripts according to requirement specification assigned by the Team Leader / Project Manager / General Manager in high level of quality
- Maintenance: Check and correct problems in existing systems or processes (solve defects). Write extract scripts to ensure general and overall maintenance requirements of the different areas are adhered to through data extracts provided by the Reporting Analyst
- Decision support: Write reports to support management and executives in making informed decisions.
- Demonstrate SQL best practices with regards to security and privacy as well as design.
- Create SQL views, Common Table Expressions (CTEs) and stored procedures to combine / aggregate data needed for reporting purposes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data gaps or design deficiencies as they appear.
- Review and analyse on-going customer requests.
- Performs problem resolution and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques.
- Develop and foster a team atmosphere that exhibits teamwork within the department and with other departments and clients.
- Be responsive and timely with ad-hoc data requests.
- Be an engaged and productive member of the Agility Holdings Business Intelligence team, willing to work across roles and provide full support to software and products as needed.
- Mentor junior team members as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as required by management.
Qualification & Accreditations
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Computer Information systems, or related field.
- Oracle PL/SQL certification advantageous.
- Exposure to statistical analysis
- 3 - 5 years of experience in data administration / data requirements extraction
- Additional beneficial qualifications:
- Exposure to actuarial sciences
- Qlikview specialist
- An understanding of relational database structures
- Experience with databases specifically Microsoft SQL, Oracle, Postgress.
- An understanding of relational database structures.
- Experience in data analysis and data manipulation.
- Experience writing and tuning SQL queries for optimised performance in a large data volume environment.
- Experience working with Healthcare, Managed Care and / or Life Insurance data from a data profiling, analysis, and modelling perspective, with a good understanding of the relevant business processes would be an advantage.