Our client, leading in the insurance industry, is looking for a Business Analyst to join their Pretoria team. As Business Analyst you will be responsible for working with key stakeholders to understand business direction, propose solutions and provide insight into business problems.
- Determine relative priority for Change Requests per department.
- Communicate and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders and project manager regarding risks, dependencies and assumptions.
- Contribute, generally, as a member of the project delivery team to the successful delivery of approved project outputs.
- Identify business areas which will be impacted by implementation.
- Compile elicit requirements using interviews (one-on-ones), document analysis, requirements workshops (JAD Sessions), surveys, site visits (sitting with users), use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, process and workflow analysis.
- Acquire a good understanding of the business and current relevant processes with associated benefits, limitations and faults as well as the impact on other processes and applications.
- Ensure all standards and quality of documentation is adhered to, and follow the process of business sign-off at each stage of the life-cycle.
- Once business (super users) proceed to UAT, handle client queries and do analysis on errors (if required).Generate ideas within a collaborative environment using a range of BA techniques.
- Drive to maximize efficiencies and mission execution (business analysis as a service is not only needed but it is an equally critical component in the orchestration and the delivery of value back to business).
- Provide recommendations for technology improvements (e.g., existing application platforms, digital transformation, smart applications, tracking and fraud database management, or monitoring, response, and data analysis).
- Identify needs and opportunities and communicate them to the BA centre of excellence.
- Engage and participate with technology innovators (Fintech, InsurTech, etc.) to bring proposed solutions to scale.
- Be actively involved in the industry forums by attending conferences, workshops and webinars.
- IT related degree/diploma.
- BA (FTI or equivalent).
- SDLC/Agile Project Management
- Jira, Confluence and VSTS (Azure DevOps)
- 5 years’ experience in Business Analysis
- 2 years’ experience in IT Development
- 3 years’ experience in working in a Project driven environment
- Experience in an Agile environment is essential.