Our client based in Port Elizabeth has a position available in their organization for a Warehouse Specialist.
- Grade12 plus relevant qualification (stores / warehouse control).
- Driver’s and Forklift license.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in stores / warehouse control environment.
- Relevant experience in SAP.
- Microsoft office packages (Excel Intermediate Level).
- Chemical store experience and handling of hazardous chemicals is advantageous.
- Mechanical and consumable stock experience is advantageous.
- Good people interaction skills.
- Good communication with basic report writing skills and strong organizational skills is essential.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Highly systematic, organized, and accurate record keeping.
- An analytical approach to problem solving and ability to pay high attention to detail as well as handle complexity (multiple challenges simultaneously).
- A sense of urgency (does things quickly and methodically), self-driven and resilient, work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Receiving of Raw Materials and other consumables into the warehouse
- Inspect incoming goods for defects, correctness, and completeness against approved Purchase order and delivery notes.
- Sampling of received raw materials.
- Ensure stock is clearly identifiable and the warehouse is properly maintained.
- Physically move stock into warehouse, pick-locations and record all movements correctly into ERP system.
- Ensure that all stock is kept in a neat and orderly state.
- Plan correct storage location and regularly review the warehouse layout.
- Administrative tasks e.g., filing of relevant documents, data for reporting, receiving slips, ERP system processing, etc..
- Daily monitoring of stock levels, including but not limited raw materials, gas and production consumables.
- Ensure that all warehouse stock items are timeously ordered; generate Purchase Requisitions to maintain minimum stock levels.
- Picking and delivering of stock and processing the stock movement on SAP.
- Carry out cycle counts and perform full stock count quarterly.
- Ensure that all faulty items and / or incorrectly delivered items are returned to the supplier within the applicable time frames as per contract terms.
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security in the work environment.
- Ensure that all non-conforming stock is isolated and reported to applicable authority.
- Arrange transport for all items sent off site for repairs.
- Write and maintain procedures and work instructions.
If you are not contacted within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.