Senior UX UI Designer (JB1813)
The designer will be responsible for creating websites for all our brands that is benchmarked against international standards. Primary duties include conceptualizing and implementing creative ideas for websites, as well as creating visual elements that are in line with our branding. This individual will be working closely with our web development team to ensure proper and hassle-free implementation.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to have excellent visual design skills and be proficient in graphic design and web design software.
Web Designer Responsibilities:
- Conceptualizing creative ideas for each brand’s websites
- Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure.
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps, and wireframes.
- Continuously testing and improving the design of the website.
- Establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Maintaining the appearance of websites by enforcing content and design standards.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with each brand.
- Working with different content management systems.
- Incorporating functionalities and features into websites.
- Designing sample pages including colours and fonts.
- Creation of Animation and Motion Graphics
Web Designer Requirements:
- A relevant diploma in a related field.
- 5+ Years’ Experience
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects and other visual design tools.
- Knowledge of Adobe range of products including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Dreamweaver,
- Sound knowledge in UI / UX and familiar with user centred design approach
- Proficient in Adobe XD, Invision, Figma and Axure
- Experience and understanding of HTML5 & CSS3
- Good understanding of content management systems.
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Good communication skills.
- UI design portfolio
- Ability to discuss and explain design options
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver and customer-centered
- Fit for business purpose mind-set, i.e. the solutions provided must meet the business goals.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to absorb and reflect on constructive critic
- Take part in regular Scrum meetings via Daily, Planning, Estimation, Refinement, Review,
- Liaise with stakeholders and teams
Kontak Recruitment, a Recruitment Agency & one of the leading personnel & recruitment agencies in Johannesburg South Africa. Trusted employment and staffing agencies, recruiting top staff & personnel for companies hiring throughout the employment spectrum. Permanent and contract placements agency. Professional & Reliable Recruitment Services. Hire certified Staff for entry level to executive placements and view available vacancies near you at our job agencies.