Our JSE listed client is looking for a PL/SQL Developer that will be responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting our solutions with specific focus on developing and API layer for the ITS Integrator system. In the role you will be require to do PL/SQL development.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
PL/SQL development work
- Developed complex database objects like stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Development of Restful web services using ORDS (Oracle Restful Data Services) and PL/SQL.
- Create and maintain indexes, constraints, tables, PL/SQL store procedures & packages and produce queries to answer business questions.
- Tune the SQL queries as well as PL/SQL programs using hints, indexes, partitions and other performance tuning techniques.
Ensure Quality Software Solutions are developed
- Create test cases and test reports and work with QA team to validate the data and scenarios.
- Use diagnostic tools/techniques to identify the root cause of software failures.
Developer Testing and Verification
- Ensure the solution is test friendly by creating effective mechanisms for test data, automated testing hooks and simulations.
- Ensure reported defects are categorised by priority and fixed as appropriate.
Mentorship / Training
- Provide mentorship and guidance to internal staff on technical and system processes.
- Perform internal training for technical staff as required.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- BSc (Computer Science or Information Systems) /B Com (Information Systems)/Diploma in Information Systems.
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience as an Oracle PL/SQL developer in analysis, design and implementation of business applications using the oracle relational database management system, with restful services experience.
- Databases: Oracle 19C (SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures, triggers)
- Experience with RESTful Services, JSON and Oracle ORDS (Oracle Restful Data Services) is paramount.
- Experience with Swagger Open API standard and YAML is a distinct advantage.
- Oracle SQL/PL-SQL developer certification is an advantage.
- Languages/utilities: SQL, PL/SQL, JSON, Java, XML.
- Source control: Bitbucket, SVN (subversion), Git/GitHub etc.
- Understanding of the full scope of application development (authentication, integrating with APIs, build process, testing, validation, state management)