PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Our client delivers solutions for higher education on a global basis. The are seeking a Front-End Software Engineer to join their team. As a Front-End Developer, you will be required to collaborate with a team of developers and UX designers to develop and maintain a web application. Important responsibilities include applying features to the user interface and implementing mock-up wireframes by UX designers as components. The ideal candidate possesses strong communication skills and ability to develop reusable, efficient, and scalable code. In the role you will provide input into our scalable web-based solutions.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
Design, Implement and Maintain world-class web applications and workflows
- Develop new user-facing features using
- Create new features or parts of applications.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
Design Fit for Purpose Solutions & Algorithms
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Actively contribute to design and planning meetings, discussions, and documentation.
Developer Testing and Verification
- Ensure the solution is test friendly by creating effective mechanisms for test data, automated testing hooks and simulations.
- Ensure reported defects are categorised by priority and fixed as appropriate.
- Ensure the project management team is informed of potential risks stemming from defects.
Mentorship / Training
- Provide mentorship and guidance to internal staff on technical and system processes.
- Perform internal training for technical staff as required.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- 5+ years of professional experience in React.js
- BSc (Computer Science or Information Systems) /B Com (Information Systems)/Diploma in Information Systems
- C# .NET Framework 4.7.2+
- Angular 11 (Advantageous – RxJs, NgRx, Angular Material, Sass, Karma and Jasmine)
- The following is preferred, but not a minimum requirement for this role:
- Cloud knowledge (Azure/Google/AWS, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Agile and SCRUM methodologies (e.g. SAFe)
- DevOps Mindset
- Azure Devops
- Knowledge and understanding of UML and OO design methodologies
- Client and Server development experience
- Knowledge of software design patterns and Test-Driven Development
- Ability to develop code and support unit tests (Coverage assessment, mocking)
- Experience in Angular Development and Agile/Scrum Methodology will be an advantage
Only suitable candidates will be contacted