Our client in the IT sector is seeking a Test Automation Engineer who will design automation tests, this include develop automation scripts and finding solutions for automation problems.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
Designing and writing test automation scripts
- Design and write test automation scripts.
- Use test automation frameworks.
- Identify defects in software as a result of testing.
Quality assurance of software developed
- Review requirement definitions, specifications and manuals to ensure quality of software and tests to be developed; i.e., perform manual static testing.
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools.
- Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites.
Results Tracking and Reporting
- Document bug reports upon discovery of a quality problem.
- Update test execution status on the outcome of test iterations.
- Trace test cases and results back to specific quality risks.
- Assist in the creation of test status reports and metrics (e.g., Test Dashboard).
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software development, or a related field.
- Previous experience as a Test Automation Engineer.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as SQL, Python and Java.
- Excellent mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted