Our client is looking for a highly skilled, motivated and dedicated individual who would like to be part of the team. Key Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
Purpose of the job:
To grow the Company in the specific geographic area the new business is located, in accordance with business growth plans and budgets, by actively positioning the Company brand and products, selling Company products and services to the local market, and ensuring the effective coordination of operational processes in order to deliver service as contractually agreed with clients.
- Actively markets and sells products and services in the region to achieve agreed sales targets.
- Acts as primary contact between clients and Company for purposes of:
- negotiating prices within the parameters of the Authority Framework
- providing customised solutions
- problem/issue resolution
- Engages with clients on a regular basis to maintain sound relationships.
- Manages client concerns relating to service delivery and ensures resolution thereof.
- Stays abreast of and informs the General Manager of changing market and competitor trends.
- Reports sales statistics to the General Manager on a weekly basis.
- Maintains a current and updated database on all clients in own portfolio.
- Keeps informed of legislative requirements pertaining to document retention.
- Provides customised solutions through an in-depth understanding of specific client needs relating to document classification and retention to ensure fast and effective retrieval.
- Prepares and presents business proposals to existing and potential clients as required.
- Ensures operational throughput as per SLA agreement for all clients and services.
- Reviews and evaluates operational workflows and procedures to customise and improve job processes on a continuous basis.
- Ensures optimisation of resources with respect to current workloads.
- Ensures maintenance and optimal usage of fleet vehicles and recommends additions or replacement of vehicles.
- Monitors and ensures that all vehicles conform to corporate identity guidelines.
- Ensures fast and effective retrieval of documents for delivery to clients as required.
- Ensures accurate and timeous location of files and boxes.
- Manages and ensures fast and effective collection and delivery of clients’ documents and records.
- Ensures strict adherence to the corporate dress code.
- Monitors and ensures the maintenance and servicing of all facilities.
- Ensures the physical security of facilities, i.e. alarm system, electric fencing, fire detection system, etc.
- Manages and ensures adequate control of stock, i.e. accurate and timeous despatch and receiving.
- Ensures effective servicing of clients both on and off site.
- Ensures that client requests are dealt with quickly and effectively in line with service expectations, and that all clients queries are resolved satisfactorily.
- Reports on operational productivity to the General Manager on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, i.e. box receipts, requests, vehicle utilisation, lines captured, and images processed.
- Refers Capex submissions to the General Manager.
- Reports capacity utilisation of operational resources and facilities to the General Manager on a monthly basis.
- Ensures that all retention centres and pre-staging areas comply with the OSH Act and housekeeping guidelines.
- Ensures that staff are trained, skilled and that their expertise is optimally applied.
- Ensures that the working environment contributes to improve staff morale and increased productivity.
- Implements staff policies and disciplinary processes appropriately.
- Recruits appropriate staff with the required skills to fill vacancies.
- Provides input into the compilation of the regional budget.
- Optimises resources to control and minimise costs.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Has overall responsibility for a staff complement of 5-30.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Degree or Diploma in Sales / Logistics / Warehousing Management /Supply Chain / Operations Management
- 5 years sales experience in a services industry with a proven sales track record, with 2 years of management experience managing a small team
- Entrepreneurial with the ability to operate independently
- Self starter
- Fully computer literate
- Successful track record managing staff
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player
- Must have business acumen and able to communicate with senior and top management
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s licence