Our Client a global tech firm is seeking a Specialist QA Engineer to join their team in Sandton. They offer stability, growth, attractive rates and a great working environment.
The candidate will be responsible to ensure that a product is completely stable and . this needs to be accomplished by working closely with QA Lead and team, Development & Portfolio teams through early design of test plan, test cases, automation and reporting results to the concerned team for the assigned projects/products.
- Review and analyze business requirements, user stories and architecture diagrams
- Gain product and business understanding and apply it in testing activities to improve test coverage and identify defects
- Develop and execute test plan, test cases with the requisite details and capture test evidence.
- Test planning and execution with focus to ensure end to end testing considering enhancements, impacted areas
- Impacted areas analysis and enhancing manual, automation regression test packs
- Analyze, plan and prepare test data to be used for manual, automated test execution
- Adherence to the established processes and best practices.
- Identify defects and track them through the defect life cycle.
- Develop, Maintain, debug automation scripts using existing TestNG based framework for Change and Regression.
- Enhance framework and create reusable methods on need basis.
- Conduct effective self-review of own deliverables and peer reviews.
- Publish test status reports on-demand or as per defined milestones in line with the established framework.
- Work with diverse, distributed teams and collaborate with internal teams.
- Mentor fellow Quality engineers, evangelizing best practices of testing, automation and technical processes.
- 5 – 8 years hands-on experience in Software Testing.
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience in test automation in Selenium with Core Java using standard frameworks (Hybrid, Keyword, TestNG).
- Strong knowledge of SDLC, software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Solid understanding of OOPs concepts
- Experience in API Testing using– SoapUI, Postman, Rest assured ; or Database Testing skills with SQL
- Experience on Performance testing tools - Jmeter
- Experienced with version control systems like SVN, Git.
- Know-how to setup Continuous Integration tools will be an advantage.
- Knowledge or working experience of agile methodology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with cross functional remote teams.
- Self-starter and proactive with a strong sense of urgency to get the job done on time with quality.
- Demonstrate ability to learn new skills and improve upon current skills quickly within a continually changing, challenging environment.