Our Client a Global tech firm is seeking a Specialist QA Engineer (Automation Tester) to join their team in Johannesburg. They offer stability, growth, attractive rates and an excellent working environment.
Design automation testing plans and develop automation test scripts for multiple technical products/services (pre, during & post-deployment) in both ‘Run & Change’ contexts and align to chosen application testing frameworks & guidelines. Testing may apply to all or a combination of the following front-end, back-end, integration, performance, scalability, and regression testing of solutions. This entails full responsibility for ensuring products are protected through quantifiable test coverage & metrics.
- Proactively contribute & participate in the full solution development lifecycle as a member of a squad / multiple squads as a QA automation specialist engineer
- Actively participate in daily Scrum and project planning meetings.
- Participate and analyze test automation requirements during the requirements analysis phase of technical product & service development, maintenance & optimization (across tribes & squads) – using design specifications and technical documentation (e.g. Business Briefs, User Stories, Architecture & Integration documentation)
- Prepare QA & Automation testing documentation (planning, design, execution, and sustainability)
- Develop automation test plans
- Develop and execute automated test scripts using various technologies (automated scripts, test harnesses, SQL scripts, etc.)
- Perform various types of automation testing (regression, integration, black box, scalability)
- Evaluate automated test cases and analyse & report results
- Facilitate test plan/case reviews within squads
- Work with product engineers to evaluate software/solution quality & provide recommendations for improvement/enhancement
- Contribute to the design and selection of testing frameworks for business applications
- Deliver all automation & technical testing deliverables on time
- Provide the required project/scrum-related information/feedback on deliverables (e.g. progress, tracking, quality, etc.)
- Conduct performance monitoring on applications/components of applications for which you’ve designed and executed test scripts/plans
- Produce quality and testing outcome metrics and reports
- Follow engineering best practices and continuously improve on engineering knowledge to successfully shift our QA capability forward
- Leverage coding language understanding & expertise to deploy testing requirements for specific products/services
- Understand the full technical solution that is being tested – show interest and capability to run the technical solution & the ability to test the viability of the code being developed
- A shift from testing features to supporting & being accountable for full product delivery
- B-Degree or equivalent technical qualification or equivalent working experience
- 3 – 5 years of Automation experience
- Experience within the Banking Sector
- Experience with MQ, SOAP, REST, RPC, or another client-server API testing (essential)
- Experience in Git or other source code management systems (essential)
- Experience with performance engineering and load testing is a huge plus
- Prior programming work experience
- Experience & expertise (Basic) in coding languages such as Java, C# and some experience- in software engineering/development
- Well-versed in web services paradigms such as REST and protocols such as HTTP.
- Experience working on web applications and/or web-based technologies.
- Proficient in multiple test approaches for application testing including functional, cross-browser compatibility, mobile, web service, integration testing, etc.
- Proficient in UNIX/Linux environments and shell scripting.Proficient in basic SQL operations such as joins and views.
- Experience in TFS, JIRA, and Confluence is a plus.
- Comfortable in AGILE development environments and cross-functional team structures.
- Experience with end-to-end SDLC, testing methodologies, and test phases, including unit, assembly, system, integration, and regression testing.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Strong analytical abilities, troubleshooting skills, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated logical and analytical thinking ability and aptitude and displayed problem-solving solid skills.