Our Client a Global tech firm is seeking a Senior Product Manager to join their team in Johannesburg on a contract basis. They offer stability, growth, attractive salary, exposure and an excellent working environment.
As a Senior Product Manager, you'll be responsible for the design and development of our software products. You will manage the creation of business cases and ensure that we meet all product management requirements. You will also work with other team members to develop detailed project plans and timelines in order to deliver on these plans. In this role, you will have full ownership over your area of responsibility while ensuring that it's being carried out effectively within a set timeframe.
- 8-10 years’ experience in IT.
- 5 years’ experience as a product manager or an application specialist/developer.
- 3-5 years strategic planning.
- 1 year tactical planning and execution against operational plans.
- Experience with design of IT product strategies and roadmaps.
- Thorough knowledge of requisite IT systems and applications.
- Technical knowledge on issue resolution.
- Awareness of tools and technologies deployable in this area.
- Ability to work closely with other internal teams, both in IT and the businesses.
- Ability to lead large cross functional teams.
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
- Ability drive consensus on critical decision areas.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and ensure quick decision making.
- Develop a short, medium and long term product strategy, in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders.
- Provide input into the overall strategy and roadmap for IT product/application landscape.
- Oversee regular scrutiny of the developed strategy to keep up-to-date with latest trends in the external environment and budget for changes taking place within the organization.
- Preparing an annual budget.
- Obtain competitive prices from external suppliers / vendors, where relevant.
- Scheduling expenditure; analyzing variances; initiating cost corrective action, when and where required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or National Diploma in Information Systems, Computer Science or Related Field.
- 8-10 years’ experience in IT, of which at least 5 years’ experience as a product manager or an application specialist/developer