Reputable Financial Services organization urgently seeks to employ a Manager for Campaign Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops creative elements, measures and co-ordinates the different activities required to launch POC campaigns across INSURANCE on all products.
- Provides insights and implements direct marketing campaign propositions aligned to the POC requirements.
- In collaboration with the Product team, evaluates and determines appropriate media/channel delivery.
- Co-ordinates and manages the interaction between the different sub-projects required for executing a direct marketing campaign, including:
- Completing and submitting work requests detailing all developments required for the campaign;
- Submitting terms and conditions (approved by compliance) for incentives;
- Managing the creative and data time lines with the Enablement team;
- Managing the operational process for the specific campaigns.
- Data check per target groups for accuracy and requirement;
- Ensuring and managing a timeous campaign launch according to the marketing plan.
- Monitors, analyses and evaluates campaign success against key success targets. This includes:
- Evaluation of the execution of the campaign;
- Analysis of results during start, midterm and directly after expiry of a campaign;
- Identification of campaign trends and best practice;
- Where analysis shows change required, make the campaign change with Data to support.
- Performing close-out sessions with campaign different stakeholders;
- Long-term analysis of selected campaigns
- Identifies trends and opportunities to improve direct campaigns to enhance brand image, customer satisfaction and competitive advantage. This includes requesting competitor research from the Insights team to keep abreast of current visual/layout trends.
- Identifies and manages business and security risks in the campaign environment, ensuring that systems and process controls are in place to contain these.
- Develops prototype pilot models to test and support campaigns in collaboration with Group Marketing and other relevant stakeholders.
- Designs and sustains effective measurement systems (profitability, analysis) in conjunction with the INSURANCE actuarial team, contact centre operations and group marketing.
- Work strategically with the operations team within the INSURANCE contact centre to ensure optimal execution of agreed campaigns.
Reporting and MIS
- Work strategically with the advanced analytics team and enhance reporting and insights.
- Ensure campaigns have clear metrics as agreed with the product owners and call centre managers and ensure that campaigns are achieving appropriate return on investment in line with business goals
- Analyses proactive MIS on a daily basis recommends and implements new tactics/campaigns/strategies.
- Monitors and tracks campaigns effectively. This includes all physical channels, web and other online channels.
- Analyses and distributes marketing and campaign insights to Group Marketing, INSURANCE EXCO, Insurance Sales Council and other relevant stakeholders.
- Communicates relevant information, MIS, trends, recommendations, campaign calendars etc to INSURANCE EXCO, Insurance Sales Council and relevant stakeholders.
- Develops and distributes accurate sales reports/feedback on campaign performance, via IT reports and focus group discussions.
- Use intelligent data segmentation techniques and propensity modelling to accurately target the required data mix for campaigns.
- Revitalise ‘unknown’ and ‘other’ tagged data as part of campaign targeting in the aim to increase overall responsiveness of database.
- Track and analyse response data and offer solutions for improvement by identifying gaps in markets.
- Show responsiveness of data as part of campaign learning’s and provides solutions for advancement.
- Initialise projects to improve our database and CRM system.
- Supports Group Marketing to define, design and manage the implementation of processes in conjunction with various stakeholders of the value chain.
- Provides input to standard times, Service Level Agreements (SLAs), implementation and capacity plans.
- Ensures that campaigns, media codes, reply file for the automatic feed of leads per campaign are created on the dialler.
- Develops efficient campaign management processes, e.g., briefing document detailing all campaign logistics and the requirements; campaign check list; project plan for campaign launch and process flows for the contact centre.
- Tests the functionality of the creative elements, i.e. email, SMS, MMS, website links, mobi site and the automatic feed of leads into the dialer prior to the campaign launch.
- Ensures that the dialler is functional to accept campaigns at agreed go-live times and monitors the automatic flow of leads regularly.
- Manages the distribution of the communication volumes in line with contact centre capacity.
- Develops and manages leads distribution dashboard and provides input to the leads prioritisation system for all Direct Marketing (DM), above-the-line and online buying marketing campaigns to the Call Centres in INSURANCE.
- Provides input on various ad-hoc projects, e.g., Contact Centre Optimisation for continuous improvement regarding efficiencies and leads management.
- Manages and co-ordinates the implementation of the automatic feed of leads to the dialler with external agencies.
- Identifies dialler efficiencies and improvements for the effectiveness of Broker Direct campaigns.
- Conducts and manages the analytics derived from call audits to improve campaign success by looking at quality of calls and reduces the incorrect use of disposition codes by agents which can result in presenting more meaningful and accurate stats.
- Manages and drives the processes to enable success within the above-the-line marketing campaigns as a meaningful leads source.
Relationship and stakeholder management
- Manages stakeholder feedback on the campaigns.
- Work with the Product Owners, Direct Marketing, Call Centre Managers or programme leaders to obtain buy in for campaigns and to obtain information to plan, prepare and produce campaigns.
- Manages the relationship of the external parties with regards to INSURANCE campaign.
- Establishes and maintains key relationships through regular communication and networking sessions.
- Regular attendance of DM (Group Marketing) campaign meetings, lead optimisation meetings and monthly Exco Sales Council meetings.
- Liaises with Contact Centre managers to agree on capacity and communication batch sending prior to campaign launch.
- Manages messaging / DM on the staggering of emails, SMSs and MMSs to ensure that the release of communication is done accurately and efficiently and in line with contact centre capacity.
- Facilitates focus groups for pre- and post-briefing of campaigns to key stakeholders, e.g., Contact Centre Management and Contact Centre Agents.
- Schedules, chairs and takes minutes on weekly status meetings with the contact centre to discuss campaign performance / concerns and ways to improve results.
- Agrees realistic targets set per campaign with Contact Centre Management.
- Day-to-day management of external agencies to maintain service levels or develop strategies and plans to improve campaign performance and achieve ROI required per campaign.
- Interacts with business process governance teams that maintain and enhance the business processes.
- Deals with irate customers who do not wish to be contacted or receive any marketing material at all and advises DM accordingly to flag these customers with indicator 'no marketing’ (profile indicator).
- Completes an array of leads requests charters for different campaigns.
- Processes marketing invoices for payment to Finance.
- Reconciles payment for Suppliers on an ad hoc basis.
- Updates Exco, Manco and Sales Council reports on a monthly basis.
- Negotiates prices for services rendered.
- Distributes and compiles various reports to relevant stakeholders.
- Identify business risks from both a customer and business perspective, influencing the creation of processes and procedures that minimize or mitigate the risks associated with the campaign.
- Responsible for providing business input, processes and direction in terms of business projects, as well as ensuring co-operation from key stakeholders in the call centre in terms of getting projects implemented on time.
- Projects could span IT, change management, compliance, campaign channel implementation as a few examples. Participation on relevant projects where required and representing call centre as the project owner for non-call centre projects.
Dialler campaign management
- Ensure that campaigns are set up on the diailler as required per POC campaign, taking the below setups into account:
- Filter set up, List set up, Strategy set up, Settings maintenance, Exclusion management, Product alignment, Real time management, List and queue management, Agent set up and maintenance, Sign on management, SLA adherence, Daily action plans, Efficiency improvements, Governance documents, Stakeholder engagement, Staff sign on creations, Daily reporting, Exception reporting, Customer service, Dialler mi analysis, Traffic management, Stakeholder calibration
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of direct sales.
- Knowledge of direct campaign within call centres.
- Knowledge of multi-media and social media as a channel within the contact centre.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including Direct Marketing of South Africa (DMSA); Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services (FAIS); Financial Intelligence and Criminal Act (FICA); Conflict of Interest (COI); National Credit Act (NCA); Code of Banking Practice (COBP); Protection of information and new Treat Customers Fairly (TCF) methodology.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of direct marketing communication and creative principles.
- Understanding the dialler functionalities and dynamics.
- Understanding of branding and brand dynamics to actively support and promote brand initiatives.
- Approximately 2-3 years’ experience in a direct and database marketing environment.
- Exposure to a multi-channel business environment.
- Significant marketing project management experience.