To support the Commercial Executive in closing M&A deals by proactively finding and building strong relationships with potential acquisition targets in assigned vertical markets and geographies.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Proactively initiating and maintaining relationships with owners of software businesses by email, phone, LinkedIn, conferences / trade shows and in person meetings.
- Understanding and articulating the Adapt IT acquisition criteria and unique value proposition to owners of target software businesses – both verbally and in writing.
- Generating and reporting on leads, setting up qualified appointments and moving opportunities through the M&A pipeline.
- Conducting research to identify and map out potentially attractive markets to pursue and software companies to acquire.
- Obtaining high-level financial and operational information about target companies.
- Contributing to all aspects of the M&A cycle as required including but not limited to basic financial modelling and due diligence as applicable.
- Updating and maintaining our Salesforce database as leads are identified and progressed, ensuring accounts coverage and that no internal ‘poaching’ occurs.
- Contributing to the coaching of newly acquired as well as established Group businesses as required.
- Travelling internationally (up to 25% of time).
- Performing any other reasonable duties as required.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident and professional presentation skills regardless of the stakeholder level.
- Have a degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Management.
- Self-motivated individual with an ability to perform independently in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to work autonomously, be self-driven and be able to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Experience working in M&A, software, or technology is advantageous.