As Legal Counsel you will be responsible for overseeing the Legal function within Adapt IT Group, reporting directly to the Group CEO and indirectly to the General Counsel of Volaris Group. As Internal Legal Counsel, you will be the first and primary legal contact for this fast-growing Company providing legal support for commercial contracts and M&A transactions.
You don’t need a computer science background, but you do need to know your way around a software license agreement because you will see a lot of them. The successful candidate will be joining a growing and diverse international legal team. Our team is open to flexible work arrangements.
If you are the Legal Counsel we’re looking for, please apply.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Negotiating and drafting contracts from company templates or customer paper including NDAs, software license agreements, SaaS agreements, professional service agreements, supplier contracts and distribution agreements;
- Reviewing and advising on legal terms related to RFP / tender submissions;
- Mergers and acquisitions support including due diligence support, drafting and reviewing transaction agreements;
- Enforcing corporate policies and ensuring that all contracts meet corporate risk standards;
- Establishing and managing contract administration procedures to ensure efficient contract management;
- Working closely with other members of the Volaris Group legal team and managing external counsel as required;
- Anticipating, guarding against, and advising on legal risks involving Adapt IT; and
- Communicating orally and in writing with all levels of our organisation (internally and externally, including customers, suppliers and other third parties).
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Currently licensed to practice law;
- Strong business acumen, ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast moving and often shifting work environment
- Experience in legal aspects of M&A transactions;
- Experience in negotiating software licensing agreements, SaaS agreements and professional services agreements is preferred;
- 8+ years of relevant post-articles experience at a law firm or in-house legal department;and
- General knowledge of privacy laws.