Our client in the IT Industry, based in Johannesburg is currently looking to employ a Lead Test analyst.
General Purpose of the Position:
- The role is responsible to lead the test implementation in accordance with the agreed Quality Assurance (QA) principles and standards, conduct testing procedures, while managing product risks and interdependencies with test plans and strategies. The role is responsible for alignment between various departments to optimise the testing efficiencies across the product delivery stack and managing team outputs. The role will report to the Technical Director and engage with internal and external stakeholders to manage outputs and meet client expectations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced Diploma/Degree in IT related field.
- Industry experience/relevant qualification in Software Testing
- ISTQB Advanced certification
- Agile certification and DevOps training (advantageous).
- Training: Ongoing professional Education
- 3+ years’ experience testing web and mobile platforms.
- Must be familiar with the software development lifecycle
- The Test Analyst is expected to understand the various types of testing that are employed in a software engineering project such as negative, functional, black box, boundary testing, etc.
- Must have the ability to perform manual End to End testing using test cases and/or functional specifications
- The Test Analyst will be expected to perform testing of new development as well as maintenance testing and provide support for existing systems.
- Deploying, and rolling out automation and using test automation tools (advantageous)
- Experience in lead role (advantageous).
- Broad eCommerce knowledge and understanding
- Experience using Jira(advantageous)
- SQL knowledge and experience.
- Experience in an Agile work environment (SCRUM).
- Strong knowledge of Agile (SCRUM, Kanban) development and QA methodologies.
- Understand the clients’ need and gather more information for enhancement to the test plan, test case and test strategy where required.
- Analyse designs, documents, new or modified QA procedures and standards.
- Analysing users’ stories/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility.
- Apply quality principals throughout the Agile product lifecycle in line with the company’s Way of Work.
- Assist in the development and implementation of test automation.
- Define the client’s test requirements and discuss changes with delivery team in the company.
- Design and develop automation scripts when needed.
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies.
- Execute all levels of testing (i.e., system, integration, and regression).
- Own and facilitate a comprehensive test strategy to ensure that applications meet high standards of quality.
- Prepare and send monthly reports to the product owner.
- Prepare for client meetings and manage relationships with stakeholders to drive satisfaction of test acceptance.
- Prioritise the tests in the back log with the delivery team and clients and drive deliverables from beginning to end.
- Provide support and documentation to management and team members.
- Provide timely reports and feedback to management on testing status.
- Communicate product risk to different stakeholders and highlight mitigating factors.
- Ensure all deliverables meet business requirements before released for internal approval.
- Encourage collaboration across teams to ensure efficient product implementation.
- Facilitate the handover of QA deliverables for all testing phases.
- Review and ensure all QA artefacts are stored centrally.
- Seek ongoing improvements in technical capabilities and act as mentor for the team.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives, and values.
- Ensure tasks are prioritised effectively and testing tasks are delivered on time.
- Productively participate in peer reviews with the aim to enhance work standards.
- Perform effective version control management in all aspects of documentation/output.
- Establish formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is following best practices.
- Coordinate and plan testing activities, manage performance of quality outputs and resolve conflict between team members
Accountability and Decision Making:
- The Lead Delivery Tester is responsible for coordinating different delivery teams towards the effective implementation of products and automation of systems and processes for clients, using best practice QA principles for testing end products, maintenance, and support. They are accountable for all levels of testing (i.e., system, integration, and regression), adhering to client requirements and addressing their needs to ensure client satisfaction.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.