We are looking for a passionate Data Developer to join our existing development team. This individual should be experienced in Microsoft SQL Server, ETL processes such as SSIS, and Data Warehousing.
We are passionate about our solutions, our people and what we bring to market and we are looking for candidates that share this vision and have a keen appetite to be involved in what we are doing across multiple industries, delivering challenging cutting-edge web and mobile solutions.
As a developer delivering data solutions, you will play a vital role in contributing to our existing team of developers. Your role will be influential in contributing and developing a variety of technically challenging projects. Your role will be to provide support, and development to our products and data requirements.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Design and refine ETL data processes for medium to large incoming data sets using SSIS and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Collaborate in a fast-paced team environment to understand, engineer, and deliver on business requirements
- Strike a balance along the dimensions of feasibility, stability, scalability, and time-to-market when delivering solutions
- Identify areas of technical debt, recommend, and implement solutions
- Work with multiple agile development teams that include testers, developers, and DevOps
- An openness to learn and implement new technologies outside of Microsoft SSIS such as Apache Kafka or AWS Glue.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
Education & Qualification
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Computer Science or related field.
- Azure or AWS accredited certification in Database Development or BI Development
Skills and Competency
High Beneficial skills:
- Experience in other forms of ETL process such as Event Stores like Apache Kafka, AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure, understanding SaaS Cloud based concepts
- Experience working with Atlassian Suite
- Experience in the Telecommunications and/or Workforce Management industries
- Experience in working with advanced insights through Machine Learning.
Communication & Ownership Skills:
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to relevant stakeholders
- Establish standards or best practice for Data development approach and methodology.
- Document and update knowledge base, driving a learning culture and equipping the broader team for success.
- Communicate effectively with managers, developers, and other stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- At least 3 years of experience as a Data Developer with a focus on Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, Warehousing
- Solid understanding in performing Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) of differing data into a standard data set.
- Solid understanding of Data Warehousing, including the implementation of warehousing concepts such as Cubes, Dimensions, Metrics, Facts.
- Solid understanding of T-SQL with proven experience with Data Modelling, Design, SQL Function, Stored Proc and other common T-SQL processes
- Source Control, versioning and branching concepts
- Experience performing Database Administration such as installation of MSSQL Server and Configuration of Clustering, Encryption, and Backup strategies is Advantageous
- Experience in Performance tuning of custom scripts in Stored Procedures or ETL Steps to improve the quality, speed, and accuracy of the resulting process, especially extraction of data.
- Openness to experience data analytics concepts like Insights.
In accordance with Adapt IT’s Employment Equity plans and goals, preference will be given to suitable applicants from the designated groups as defined by the Employment Equity Act of 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.