This role is within the MyMicros Hosted Services department of Micros South Africa, providing
maintenance and support on all Hosted products and infrastructure. Ensuring at all times that
the company’s process and control measures are adhered to.
- Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software.
- Ensure industry best practices is applied with regard to ( Operating Systems, Security,
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system problems
- Report health status of the systems/servers on a daily basis.
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology
- Train staff about potential uses of existing technology
- Travel to Data Centre collect and drop off equipment for repairs
- Provide individual training and support on request
- Provide recommendations about accessing information and support
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
- Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access
- Troubleshoot all technology issues
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance
- Make recommendations about purchase of technology resources
- Research current and potential resources and services
- Advise staff of security breach and/or change in password or security status
- To ensure Backup strategy is adhered too.
- To ensure Security strategy is adhered too.
- Maintain and configure VMware cluster.
- Maintain and configure SAN equipment.
- Maintain LAN support, server support, licensing, WAN connectivity, applications, network
- security and monitoring
- To ensure all clients are updating correctly to the MyMicros environment.
- Assist and mentor the implementation team regarding the technologies used in the Data
- To ensure accurate and timely updates of logged support issues one the in-house call
- To be aware of escalation procedures as communicated from time to time.
- Be responsible for interaction with customers via email, telephone etc.
- Research and test problems to confirm, isolate and identify what caused the problem and
solutions. When unable to resolve problems, escalate to the correct channels.
- Maintain all documentation required by Micros.
- Assist with the occasional implementing, testing and writing of any documentation that may
- To carry out other appropriate scheduled, work, tasks and duties in any of the company
premises as and when required.
- Test and troubleshoot new versions prior to release.