The Technical Support Engineer position is within the Digital Transformation for Learning (DT4L) business unit (BU) within Adapt IT’s Education division. The Digital Transformation for Learning (DT4L) BU is responsible for providing technical solutions to new and existing on Learning Management Solutions and Learning Content Development, LMS Plugins and application programmable interface (API), learning management system (LMS) Infrastructure configuration, (hosting and bespoke solutions).
The position based in Adapt IT’s Johannesburg Campus, you will be working as part of a team on the support desk and assisting customers with requests for technical support via e-mail, telephone, and an online helpdesk. Providing a high level of efficiency, speed and good service to maximise customer satisfaction and promote future sales. You will be an e-learning expert that can help our customers get the most out of their environments.
You will have monthly targets as well as monthly learning objectives which will be reviewed at the end of the month and your performance will be measured against this.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
Moodle Learning Support
- First line support for Moodle and other e-learning solutions dedicated for our clients.
- To attend to tickets created by users and stakeholders on the internal e-ticketing system related to relevant digital platforms;
- Working to keep within the service level agreement (SLA) - to monitor ticket responses and channel or engage relevant staff members responsible for queries or with supervisory persons to facilitate provision of responses to user queries
- Performing root cause analysis of customer issues
- Ensuring all tasks are completed within SLAs - To monitor other communication platforms such as designated communication spaces and attend to queries where possible;
- Ensuring adherence to Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and guidelines pertaining to Service Desk, Incident, Problem, Change and Request Fulfilment Management
- Ensuring weekly, monthly, quarterly reports on Incidents are generated and submitted
- Ensuring constant and prompt Customer communication about incidents is maintained
- To direct received queries to relevant staff and offices;
- To propose Canned Responses (pre-designed responses) for the e-ticketing system informed by the common responses to incoming queries;
- To propose Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Responses as per common and anticipated queries;
- To monitor information pages of services offered to clients to ensure their relevance and currency, while proposing improvements;
- To proposing User tours or adjustment of User tours on the Moodle LMS;
- To provide feedback during the evaluation of eLearning user guides and manuals while suggesting improvements in relation to common inquiries;
Moodle End User and Technical Application Support
- Moodle End User Support: trouble shooting troubleshoot questions and technical issues that arise, from resetting a password to completing a course;
- Assistance with Moodle software upgrades, software errors, server performance and plugin installation.
- Moodle Performance Testing: Validation of resource usage, scalability and reliability of your Moodle LMS.
- Conduct Moodle LMS Audits, Health Check and platform optimisation recommendations
eLearning Systems Training
- To attend to lecturer queries on the use of Moodle and other eLearning platforms and tools;
- To direct lecturers and other clients to suitable eLearning support staff;
- To offer low level training or walk through support to lecturers on the use of Moodle tools such as creating online assessment activities (quizzes and assignments);
- To offer training or walk through support to lecturers on the creation and/ uploading course content onto Moodle for online and blended courses;
- To participate in the process of creating video tutorials for lecturers on the use of Moodle and user orientation media (such as, animated gifs, infographics, podcasts)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- At least one year working with Moodle or other e-learning applications
- 3-5 years in the Higher Education sector
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Good organisational and problem solving skills
- Experience in HTML and CSS in an e-learning environment
- Willing to learn and pick up new skills quickly
- Able to work well in a fast paced organisation and be a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task, the ability to prioritize ensuring that all tasks are completed to the relevant business processes.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- BTech: IT/Computer science degree or diploma
- ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management
- ITIL Service Desk Analyst certification
- Experience in Higher Education sector is an advantage
- Moodle LMS experience and certification is an advantage