The purpose of the role is to have an in-house Greenplum & Oracle DBA specialist to look after existing databases and implement new databases going forward. The potential candidate will also be responsible for monitoring our in-house developed ETL applications and data being ingested.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Managing of Oracle and Greenplum databases
- Weekly database backups & restoring of backups / objects
- Installing / upgrading of Oracle and Greenplum databases & Linux systems
- Linux operating system and Database performance tuning
- Linux operating system and Database troubleshooting
- System & storage capacity planning
- Manage and monitor the in house developed ETL applications and data trends
- Engage with customers & attend operational meetings
- Ticket management
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
Education & Qualification
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
- Providing specialist, high-level technical advice and support Attend to all logged customer requests and incidents
- Taking over DBA and L3 support work.
- Upskilling and cross skilling of junior resources
- Managing of operating systems and databases on a daily basis.
- ETL application support
- Perform operating system and database upgrades & backups
- Provide technical support on required platforms
- Effective management of customer requests in line with the set Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Responsible for high-level problem resolution of complex problems
- Preparing progress reports for all work performed.
Must have Experience:
- Extensive Greenplum database experience
- Oracle OCA/OCP experience
- Abillity to write SQL
- Extensive Linux operating system and scripting experience
- Ability to work with data
- Degree or Diploma with 8 to 10 years related experience
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and customer service skills required.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and is fully experienced at dealing with clients/users.
- Organised and focused.
- Good time management.
Nice to have Experience:
- Telecommunications background/experience