The Application Support Analyst will support the company's systems, applications and services by providing technical support to customers and partners around the world. The Application Support Analyst will drive the resolution of non-major incidents and service requests in accordance with defined Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements. This role requires working flexible hours due to the 24x5 nature of the function. Passive standby during weekends is also required in the event of major incidents. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting systems in production in a cloud based environment.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- 1st line troubleshooting, application of work arounds and service restoration using available tools, knowledge base and Standard Operating Procedures
- Investigate, debug and troubleshoot code in order to resolve problems and defects.
- Facilitate resolution of Incidents and Service Requests throughout the lifecycles and across various teams within the specified Service Level Agreements/Operational Level Agreements
- Assist with communication, creation, maintenance, scheduling and distribution of reports
- Ensure all incidents logged meet the minimum entry criteria to enable efficient debugging
- Application and verification of known solutions or Standard Operating Procedures to Incidents and Service Requests (e.g. assisting with the restarting of services on request, data fixes, ad-hoc data extracts and query executions, etc.)
- Proactive ticket status updates and escalation/follow ups where applicable
- Verify resolution with end-users and resolve assigned Incidents and Service Requests
- Associate Incidents with other records (i.e. Incidents, Changes, Problems, Knowledge Articles, Known Errors, etc.) in order to provide input for continuous improvement initiatives regarding ticket trends and opportunities for improvement of processes and procedures
- Record and classify received alerts and events and initiate an immediate effort in order to restore a failed IT Service as quickly as possible as per severity classification and associated Service Level Agreements
- Analysis of logs in the error queue and initiating resolution with the respective resolver group
- Evaluation and escalation of Incidents at risk of breaching Service Level Agreement/Operational Level Agreement to the Incident Team Leader/Manager according to the agreed priority and severity of the incident
- Collaborate with other VG work streams to troubleshoot and restore services in the event of outages
- Escalate risks and issues to management timeously depending on severity and impact
- Create and submit knowledge articles
- Provide knowledge transfer and upskilling of direct subordinates, peers and junior analysts
- Available for on-call and emergency response rotation as needed
- Participate in Post-Mortem/Root Cause Analysis after each event to mitigate problem recurrence
- Review records produced by Junior team members and provide recommendations for improvement and enhance processes where applicable.
- Participate in various cross-functional forums and work streams to contribute to the improvement and implementation of policies, frameworks and standards.
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Communicates effectively.
- Learns on the Fly.
- Problem Solver.
Education and Experience
- BSc in Computer Sciences/ Information Systems or equivalent IT tertiary qualification.
- Formal Java Qualification (Advantageous).
- More than 2 years’ experience in an Application Service Desk and Development Role.
- Customer support experience (Advantageous).
- ITSM Tools (ServiceNow experience Advantageous).
- SDLC experience (Advantageous).
- Java, SQL, JSON, GIT.
- Advantageous: Android, iOS, Liferay, Oracle, Postgres, AWS, webservices, microservices, ServiceNow, Dynatrace, Kibana, PowerBI & REST Clients.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within two weeks of applying.