Preparations and validations of the Actuarial data
•Check the completeness of data
• Preparation and creation of model points through Prophet DCS
•Perform data checks to ensure data accuracy and completeness
•Liaise with IT to improve data efficiency
Perform monthly valuations of liabilities
• Perform monthly valuations of liabilities through Prophet
•Preparations, compile and analysis of the IFRS results
Model review and improvements
•Assists with model developments
•Assists with basis changes
•Assists with special projects from management
•Assists with development and improvements of products
Provide assistance with the budget
•Assists with the budget runs.
•Relevant B degree in Actuarial Science and progress with the CT exams
•1- 2 years working experience in a Life Insurance Actuarial environment.
•Financial Reporting (Advantage)
• Technical: Technical understanding of Actuarial Science techniques, calculations and principles, as well as financial analysis and interpretation.
• Legislative: Knowledge of the relevant legislation, regulation of the South African insurance industry.
• Code of Conduct of ASSA: Knowledge of the professional guidance and code of conduct of the Actuarial Society of South Africa (ASSA)
• MS Office: Advanced Excel, Word, VBA (Advantage)
• AnalyticalAbility to think through and solve complex problems
• Communication: Able to communicate clearly to colleagues & external teams, as well have great interpersonal skills
• ComputerProphet Knowledge (Advantage), SQL (Advantage)
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to integrate into an existing team
• Produce a high standard of work
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to work under pressure and results orientated
• Attention to Detail
Other special requirements
•Member of ASSA/ currently enrolling
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link