National company in the healthcare sector is looking for an experienced SQL Developer to join their team at their Centurion office. Responsibilities:
Knowledge, education, and experience required:
- Data extracts/reports: Write scripts according to requirement specification assigned by the Team Leader / Project Manager / General Manager in a high level of quality.
- Maintenance: Check and correct problems in existing systems or processes (solve defects). Write extract scripts to ensure general and overall maintenance requirements of the different areas are adhered to through data extracts provided.
- Decision support: Write reports to support management and executives in making informed decisions.
- Demonstrate SQL best practices with regards to security and privacy as well as design.
- Create SQL views, Common Table Expressions (CTEs) and stored procedures to combine / aggregate data needed for reporting purposes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data gaps or design deficiencies as they appear.
- Review and analyse on-going customer requests.
- Perform problem resolution and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques.
- Develop and foster a team atmosphere that exhibits teamwork within the department and with other departments and clients.
- Be responsive and timely with ad-hoc data requests.
- Be an engaged and productive member of the Agility Holdings Business Intelligence team, willing to work across roles and provide full support regarding software and products as needed.
- Mentor junior team members as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as required by management.
- Design, develop and maintain Power BI dashboards as required by management.
- Assist on and provide analysis findings for proposals and proof of concepts as required by management.
- Generate SQL scripts as part of Data Warehouse ETL processes.
- Review and perform data validity, accuracy, completeness and quality checks on Data Warehouse tables.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Computer Information systems, or related field.
- Experience in Qlikview advantageous.
- Oracle PL/SQL certification advantageous.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in data administration / data requirements extraction.