Are you in the market for a New Contract opportunity? Our Financial Services client based in the Sandton area seeks a skilled JAVA Developer to join their team.
Experience and requirements
- Build Java integration services and applications using company Framework with an enthusiasm for solving interesting technical challenges.
- Be involved in all aspects of development playing a critical role in design, planning, development and deployment.
- Design, build and run of IBM Websphere Application Server Infrastructure Solutions
- Migration from proprietary Application Servers to WAS
- Performance and troubleshooting of WAS Infrastructure
- Completed BSc degree in Computer Science
- 10 years Java application development experience
- 8 years in JEE-Experience
- 5 years Application Server experience i.e. Websphere Application Server
- 5 years relational database experience (DB2 preferred)
- Strong technical/ software engineering background (‘hands-on’)
- Strong application/software development or programming background in Java
- Good experience in system, application architecture, design, development, implementation and deployment (end-to-end).
- Object oriented Design and MVC-pattern
- Solid experience on J2EE (Servlet, JSP, JDBC, JMS, EJB), Spring Framework, JPA, Hibernate, Open Source Frameworks
- Solid experience with SOA-Architecture with the related integration protocols (e.g. Web Services (SOAP/XML), REST & JSON, and MQ), as well as the related SOA-security requirements/models.
- Solid application database management practices in a high volume Java environment (SQL, DB2, and NoSql – Cassandra/MongoDB).
- Solid JEE/WebSphere Foundation experience, especially on WebSphere Application Server, JBOSS, Linux, Virtualisation technologies and Caching technologies.
- Practical experience in a high volume banking environment. (E.g. application clustering, scaling, multi-threading, session management, etc.)
- Experience with re-use and standardisation, security considerations, deployment architecture like automated application builds, software configuration management & tools, etc.
- Experience with Application Integration challenges in a big corporate environment with ESB’s e.g. WebSphere MessageBroker, DataPower, MQ-Series, and API-Connect.
Must have working experience on the following tools/IDEs