A leading Software Engineering company in Samrand, Centurion is looking for a IT Assistant with 1 - 2 years' experience to join their team, as soon as possible.
Duties & Responsibilities
The I.T. assistant’s role is to support and maintain computer systems, software, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware, software and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance.
Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training and assistance where required as well as other duties as assigned.
Consult with the company’s customers in support of applications provided by the company relating to I.T. where required.
Strategy & Planning
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and monitoring PC performance.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
- Support the implementation of new computer projects and new hardware and software installations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment as well as Microsoft Office 365 and other business software
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on computer products in support of PC procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluate and recommend hardware products for purchase.
- Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs and related products.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform PC, hardware, and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Configure new computers to suit the company’s needs as per existing standards.
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming support requests regarding PC and/or hardware or software related problems.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of computer hardware and other peripheral equipment.
- Install and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Provide support for the various software packages used by the company and where necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Liaise with hardware vendors for warranty related repairs and troubleshooting
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team as required.
- Support company telephone system and handsets
- Consult with and provide support to company customers relating to software provided by the company, related to I.T.
- Assist company product support team with I.T. related issues on in-house as well as customer computers as the need arises
Desired Experience & Qualification
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- MCSE, N+, A+ Certifications advantageous
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, Microsoft operating systems and Office 365.
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience with PC’s.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Extensive knowledge of the inner workings of computer networks and servers, as well as how to operate and repair them
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Knowledge of HubSpot CRM an advantage
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Willingness to learn.
Package & Remuneration
R 12 000 - R 15 000 CTC pm.
Please mail your CV to email@example.com
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks, if you do not hear from us by then your application for this position was unsuccessful, but you have been added to our database for future vacancies.
15 Soveriegn drive, Irene. Route 21
PEOPLE DIMENSION believes that every successful Brand is shaped by Great People who deliver on the
promise they make.
PEOPLE DIMENSION is a Recruitment agency committed to seek greatness in the South African job market.
Skills attraction is our passion and building trusted partnerships with both our clients and applicants our
PEOPLE DIMENSION prides us on providing a personalized and delivery-focused recruitment function
across all industries.
Our Services include both permanent and contract placements, in the following specialist areas;
Marketing & Sales
A clear understanding of our clients’ business and corporate culture is the starting point of every successful
placement we make.
Our extensive industry knowledge and more than 11 year presence within the recruitment industry,
enables us to find and introduce South Africa’s top talent to our clients. We also believe in continuous
follow up on the progress of the candidate we have placed as well as the level of both our client’s and
candidate’s satisfaction with our service.
PEOPLE DIMENSION adheres to the APSO Constitution and Code of Ethics and is therefore very serious in
complying with the requirements of South Africa’s Labour legislation. We are also a Level 4 BEE
Integrity and Service excellence is our promise to you.
We invite you to choose PEOPLE DIMENSION as your recruitment partner.