Our client based in Gauteng has a requirement for a Data Modeller to provide expertise, advice and support by designing and developing logical and physical data models and databases to meet the needs of the organizations information systems and business requirements. The Data Modeller is responsible for data standards and procedures, warehousing, distributed data management and information management functions.
Education and Minimum Requirements
- Relevant B.Sc. or B. Com degree
- Honours degree with focus in Information Management
- 6 to 8 years related experience.
- Applies theoretical knowledge and practical experience to analyze information within agreed parameters
- Selects from existing rules and processes for application in different contexts
- Applies systematic (either-or) thinking to diagnose root causes of problems
- Evaluates existing practices for accuracy, consistency and compliance
- Supports analysis and detailed work performed in SST1
- Applies creative solutions based on theoretical knowledge and practical experience
- Innovates through continuous improvement
- Measures impact by focusing on service and continuous improvement
- Analyses strengths and weaknesses of existing approaches
- Identifies alternative solutions based on precedent
- The ability to be curious and ask questions, initiate new and better ways of doing things, devise and implement solutions and measure the impact.
- The tendency to see things in unique and unusual ways, and be resourceful in generating various solutions to problems
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and prevent wastage
- Identify process improvements in order to save costs
- Identify, control and escalate potential risks which may lead to increased costs
- Deliver against operational and cost targets
- Adhere to shared company values and service standards with regard to customer interaction.
- Resolve customer dissatisfaction/complaints by taking ownership of the problem.
- Analyze customer feedback to help improve customer service.
- Ensure that delivery is accurate, timeous and of an acceptable standard.
- Ensure that product knowledge and advice is technically accurate.
- Know and understand customer needs in order to deliver a quality service.
- Propose ideas to improve customer service
- Maintain the data dictionary internal and external to the data model
- Maintain the business glossary internal and external to the data model
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects
- Ensure that the source to target mapping is done in accordance to the requirement
- Maintain all ETL and business rules within the data model
- Maintain all model related metadata
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments
- Work with data transformation teams to ensure that the model design and development is properly communicated
- Review modifications to existing data modeling software to improve efficiency and performance
- Manage the flow of information between departments using the data model design
- Assure transformation rules are maintained, accurate and consistent
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies
- Identify effective activities to address own development gaps.
- Create own development plan and review plan with team leader.
- Understand which competencies and skills are required to be mastered to ensure personal development and performance
Please visit our website at www.boardroom.co.za for more details and to register your C.V.