Our client in the IT sector is seeking an experienced Service Desk Agent to provide 1st level support to the company's customers, ensuring customer calls are answered promptly and log tickets as per customer’s request/inquiries and are attended to them accordingly until a resolution is achieved.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Provide excellent service to the users of the company's Engagement platforms including clients, advisers, and internal employees.
- Resolving first-line technical software support queries of users of the Adapt Engagement platforms, according to expected standards of service delivery and within agreed SLAs:
- Displaying excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accurately logging details of the queries as per the defined Incident and Problem management process to enable record keeping and trend analysis of interactions.
- Escalating complex queries to second-line support when necessary, with the required details to enable further problem analysis.
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualities:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to Detail
- High Customer Focus
- Complex Incident/Problem-Solving skills
Education & Qualification
- BSc (Computer Science or Information Systems) /Bcom (Information Systems)/Diploma in Information Technology
- Minimum 5 years’ working in a service desk environment
- ITIL Foundation Certified
Relevant Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Business acumen
- ITIL Principles
- Quality Assurance and Management
- Service Excellence Orientation
- Telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of Oracle SQL would be advantageous.