LetsLink Recruitment is assisting a Private Hospital Group to employ a Pharmacy Manager to be based in Ballito on the Dolphin Coast in KwaZulu Natal.
The Pharmacy Manager will be responsible for ensuring the development and implementation of a strategy for the pharmacy department in line with companies Pharmacy Division’s strategic themes. The incumbent will further manage all related pharmacy services and activities according to the policies, procedures, philosophy, and objective of the organisation.
Key work output and accountabilities:
- Manage, advice and influence the delivery of cost effective, quality patient pharmaceutical care in the hospital pharmacy environment.
- Effective management of the pharmacy within the legal compliance of the South African Pharmacy Council and the Good Pharmacy Practice in South Africa.
- Ensure that the pharmaceutical standards, clinical pharmacy services, quality assurance and risk management are maintained within the hospital.
- Exercise the responsibilities of the ‘Responsible Pharmacist’ in the hospital for all areas where pharmaceuticals are stored e.g.: wards, theatres, and the pharmacy department.
- Act as a custodian for the management of Schedule 5 and 6 drugs as per legal requirements and related administrative and house-keeping tasks.
- Manage all aspects of case management and application of managed care contracts in the hospital environment.
- Manage the pharmacy financials as well as understanding the financial fundamentals, indicators, and drivers of the healthcare business.
- Ensure control over the financial dimensions of the pharmacy, including accurate and timeous reporting of pharmacy financial statistics to Pharmacy and Finance Division Operations Centre.
- Effective management and audit compliance of the company’s stock system policy and procedure. This relates to all ethical, surgical, and third-party stock.
- Manage all aspects of the hospital billing department including the timeous billing of discharged files (DNYB) and billing audit results
- Facilitate a culture that is supportive of talent management and the initiation of required implementations to hone pharmacy talent.
- Facilitate effective change and conflict management.
- Ensure professional conduct and appearance of staff.
- Develop talented pharmacy leaders and high performers.
- Promote staff wellbeing.
- Maintain customer intimacy through building relationships with doctors, nursing staff, suppliers and building patient loyalty.
- Build strategic inter-departmental relationships to help achieve business goals at Exco and departmental level within the hospitals.
- Foster an effective working relationship with service providers.
- A relevant Pharmaceutical qualification (B.Pharm Degree or Dip.Pharm) at a NQF level 7.
- Registration with the SA Pharmacy Council.
- A relevant management qualification will be advantageous
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the management of a private hospital pharmacy
- Advanced level of Computer literacy
- Sound financial knowledge and the ability to interpret financial data
Salary: Market related – (R40000.00- R75000.00)
Closing date: 28 June 2022
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must please e-mail a detailed CV to email@example.com or to contact Colleen on +27(0)110261907
Please view our website: www.letslink.co.za
By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment purposes and appointment purposes (Should you be successful). Please note that your information will be processed for recruitment purposes only or for such purposes relating to assessing the establishment of the employment relationship with yourself, and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We confirm that your information will not be used for any other purpose without your prior consent.
If your application is not successful, we retain your CV and other information provided for a period of 24 months after which it will be destroyed in a secure manner. If you object to your information being used in accordance with the above clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately destroy your personal information in a secure manner.