To provide support services to the Oracle Services business within the Managed Services Business Unit with the goal to sustain business and ensure systems operate.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Responsible for budgeting and revenue forecasting in Application Services
- Maintain Sciforma forecast
- Account management
- Manage the increase of annual retainers across all Application Services clients.
- Ensure contracts/agreements are timeously renewed and retainers/projects are timeously invoiced.
- Ensure profitability of Retainers and Projects. (Monthly reporting on financial status of all contracts)
- Liaise with clients to identify new opportunities to generate revenue growth.
- Maintain effective working relationships with Sales and Account Management teams: assist in setting and communicating sales targets
- Ensure team is fully utilized.
- Recruiting, developing and supporting necessary personnel.
- Manage external consultants
- Ensure that required certifications are achieved and maintained
- Ensure that operations within the Application Services team are efficiently and effectively coordinated.
- Quality assurance of all deliverables from Application Services.
- Ensure that appropriate project governance processes are adhered to by Application Services team
- Ensure team adheres to Service Level Agreements.
- Monitor quality of incident feedback
- Regular meetings with key customers
- Monthly service delivery reports
Behavioural Competencies Required
- Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to consider multiple factors, to the core of a problem and to come up with a logical remedial solution
- Ability to give and receive information, views and opinions in a manner appropriate to the audience and thereby influence others and the ability to advance communication across a diverse group of people.
Attention to detail
- Total task accomplishment through concern for all areas involved, no matter how menial.
- Readiness to make decisions, render judgments, takes - action based on logical assumptions and which reflect factual- information and consideration of organizational resources.
Planning and organizing
- Establishing a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal; planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources.
- Maintain composure, objectivity and patience when confronted with different and/or defense-provoking situations.
- To regularly update and upgrade one’s professional knowledge and skill through research, study and application of aspects which are relevant to his/her professional work in order to keep abreast of current developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Consistently acts and behaves in ways that are congruent and aligned with own values, company values, principles, theories and beliefs. Includes congruence, trustworthiness, reliability and internal consistency.
- Process or skill to manage people from different cultures, skills set/discipline and age groups.
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualities:
Education & Qualification
- Bachelor of Commerce (preferably in IT)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Level of performance or proficiency in professional arena.
- Actively seeking and implementing opportunities to maximize value in any aspect of the business.
- Setting a culture of continuously striving for better performance
- Challenging the current state in order to seek real improvements
- Motivating and developing people to deliver superior results in a responsible manner
- Building and maintaining effective culture
- Creating a climate in which individuals and teams develop their potential and contribute their best
- Managing accountabilities and providing timely and constructive feedback
- Coaching and providing development opportunities that enable high performance
- Taking responsibility and accountability for own behaviour, performance and development
- Taking ownership for own performance and decisions and their impact on the business
- Demonstrating tenacity and resilience even when faced with obstacles
- Seeking opportunities for personal feedback, learning and development
- Acting decisively when tough or quick action is required