Site Reliability Engineering is an engineering discipline devoted to helping an organization sustainably achieve the appropriate level of reliability in their systems, services, and products. The team plays a crucial role in our mission to reduce emergency response times and improve public safety.
Our Client is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who will be part of a team who will be responsible for monitoring our production systems 24/7. We are looking to hire for our US based overnight shifts with weekend flexibility. Your primary responsibility will be to provide support when there is an incident and managing communications and escalations around the incidents. You will be monitoring our entire platform infrastructure and applications. You must be comfortable performing well under pressure with tight deadlines and communicate to larger audiences. Your other responsibilities will be to build monitoring and alerting tools around the availability, performance, and overall health of our services with scalability and automation in mind.
• Work with DevOps and DBA teams to support Cloud infrastructure.
• Work with Analytics team to support Eclipse Analytics.
• Work with Platform and other Development teams to support Nimbus/Radius front end applications and back end services.
• Work with IoT Team to support IoT Devices.
• Work with Customer Support team to provide technical support for customer reported issues.
• Work with QA and Implementation teams to provide insight on application and infrastructure performance with future releases.
• Be in a scheduled rotation for On Call duties which include receiving alerts from monitoring systems as well as internal escalations.
• Build and improve monitors and alerts to increase visibility of system health.
• Build tools or automation that can improve SRE role efficiencies or increase monitoring capabilities.
• Troubleshoot technical issues with infrastructure and applications.
• Operate as an Incident Commander role when Incidents are created. Escalate to other teams, be a central communication channel across teams, and make detailed timeline entries of actions taken during Incident.
• Produce Root Cause Analysis reports for customers.
• Write post-mortems for Incidents and review with internal teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent field with 1-2 years’ experience as a Site Reliability Engineer
• Experience with Cloud services, with preference with Azure around Application Insights, Logging, and Monitoring
• Reliability engineer, DevOps engineer, or Software engineer
• Familiarity of distributed systems and microservices
• Understanding of front end and back end architecture
• Experience with SQL databases
• Experience with Datadog or other monitoring and logging tools
• Programming/Scripting skills in a major language such as .NET, PowerShell
• Experience with deployment tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet
• Experience in Kubernetes
• Strong communication skills
Behavioural competencies required
• Work well under pressure
• Good communication skills (Written and verbal)
• A good problem solver
• Have an inquisitive nature
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link