We are in search of a Senior UI Designer with demonstrable skills in client centred design, visual design, user interface, and client-side technologies. You will be responsible for being hands-on in each project, providing guidance and direction to junior designers along with a cross-functional team responsible for design implementation into technology frameworks.
We seek the expertise of a Senior UI Designer that has the ability to lead, having championed how to navigate their way through complex project requirements that involved creating interactive experiences. You will be responsible for developing creative solutions for web interfaces, mobile applications, and digital marketing collateral.
The Senior UI Designer will be responsible for guiding and working hands-on with a multi-disciplinary project, design, development, and marketing team. They will be responsible for the full life cycle from ideation to the implementation of designs.
Strong visual design acumen along with expansive knowledge in user interface, client-side technologies, and user experience, will be critical for generating positive results.
Pushing the best-in-class benchmarks with every project, our Senior UI Designer will deliver the following:
- Creative Ideation
- User Interface designs for Web & Mobile Applications
- Digital Marketing Collateral
As a part of the team, the Senior UI Designer will be contributing their mastery to crafting design solutions that will creatively translate the brand and design goals of the
websites, platforms, apps and visual experiences we create for clients.
Applying world-class design standards to the project, teamwork, attention to client needs, and end-user satisfaction.
The Senior UI Designer will also:
- Work closely with the Creative Director to ensure client expectations for the project are exceeded
- Work in collaboration with designers, engineers & the marketing team
- Maintain strong quality standards at each step along with project progress
- Work on projects from across industry verticals and locations
- Create design systems, guidelines and digital brand manuals
- Recognize and utilize storytelling opportunities for each project
- Direct others when required including designers, video makers, photographers, illustrators to deliver unique project narratives
- Collaborate with designers, development experts, and experience analysts to ensure:
- The feasibility of visual concepts
- The fidelity of the final result
- Design specifications are implemented correctly
- Participation in bug tracking, bug fixing, and QA
- Guide and lead junior designers
- Take evolving challenges head-on and encourage innovative thinking
In search of a dynamic organization with an agile workplace and people that provide you with the platform and opportunity to evolve and grow within your specialties.
You are looking for an environment where you can tap into your innovative creativity, expanding beyond the norms of your job description.
Your skill set should look something like this:
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud plus XD.
- A high degree of proficiency with Sketch and InVision.
- Strong portfolio showcasing skills in Web & Mobile design.
- Proven experience with Usability & Interaction Design, producing well thought
- user journeys and flows, wireframes and storyboards etc.
- Solid understanding of layout, typography, colour and other design principles.
- Strong attention to detail and a sense of pride and ownership over the quality
- of the product.
- An ability to quickly develop and iterate designs based on feedback and goals
- as well as perform under pressure and deliver on deadline.
- Experience with React and React Native will be to your advantage
Qualified candidates should possess:
- Experience of 5+ years of crafting and designing digital products and services
- An unbridled creative and innovative imagination
- An understanding of human behaviour and how it relates human centred
- Design talents that demonstrate the stylistic breadth and diverse applicability
- from product interaction to visual experiences and beyond
- Impeccable and effective problem-solving skills
- Skills and adequate experience related to relevant design software
- Practical understanding of the benefits and limitations of internet and mobile
- Habits of being meticulously adherent to client needs
- Attention to detail
In addition, the candidate should be:
- A self-starter
- Excellent communicator
- Adaptable to change and evolving project demands
- Able to thrive in multidisciplinary teams
- Able to work on complex requirements and short deadlines
- Qualified candidates must present an online portfolio that:
- Exhibits their skills and passion for website and web app design, mobile application
- design and digital product development
- Proven level of skill in transforming high-level ideas into unique human centred designs
- Demonstrates creative expertise and track record in a variety of work and industry
The client is based in Cape Town; however this is a remote role.