Cape Town, Newlands
Full-time hybrid position
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Monitor debugging process results
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Test current products and identify deficiencies
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Develop and monitor performance metrics for all stages of the production process
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g., developers and product managers) to identify system requirements and ensure consistent project execution
- Plan, create, and manage the overall quality planning strategy
- Identify quality assurance process bottlenecks and suggest actions for improvement
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
You’ll be considered for this role if you:
- Are familiar with native android and iOS development frameworks
- Have strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Have experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Have hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Have hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Have solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Have experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Have experience with performance and/or security testing
- Have a sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Are a team player
- Have good time-management skills
- Have great interpersonal and communication skills
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Can take the initiative and adapt to a fast-paced work environment
Why join them?
Become a part of one of the trailblazers in the challenger banking arena by joining the exciting and ambitious team as they work to become the neobank for ‘every African on the planet’.
They currently have offices in Lagos, London, and most recently, Cape Town, where they are providing a platform from which to launch into new markets.
Their Cape Town team share offices in Claremont to enable connection and collaboration but follow a remote-first work policy and offer flexible working hours. Their goal is to build a team of smart and kind individuals who will work together to solve interesting problems and lead the way in shaping the future in banking for all Africans.
Additionally, they are in the process of building out great perks and benefits to deliver the best possible employee experience to our growing team.
Currently, they offer:
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- Flexible working hours
- Training & Development