The OSMM is responsible for the safety and management of the mining and mineral processing operations on the vessel at all times.
The OSMM is solely responsible for ensuring that all legislation and regulations pertaining to the mining operations are complied with on board, and that orders issued by authorities, classification society, and the Group are complied with and duly carried out.
The OSMM is responsible for the management of all activities on board the mining vessel pertaining to the mining, mineral processing operations and Sort House, and acts as the officially appointed “Mine Manager” (and on behalf of the licence holder) for the mine in terms of the relevant mining legislation. Thus, the OSMM will have all vested authority assigned to them as outlined in the respective regulations.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1. SHES (SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT, SECURITY)
· Ensure compliance with Group Safety policy
· Compliance with country Environmental Management Plans & Environmental Authorisations
· Ensure compliance with Group Security policy
· Achieve Group mine plan targets in conjunction with COO & CEO
· Manage mining process on board in conjunction with SEN GEO, OTM & PLANT FOREMAN
· Maximize mining system utilization in liaison with the OTM
· Sort House management
· Liaise with SSO & COO to ensure safe custody & export of mineral resources recovered
· Manage preventative maintenance planning, spares, consumables & provisions, in conjunction with the OTM & Master
· Manage daily & monthly reporting of all sections
· Manage communications with Head Office & Windhoek office
· Effective internal communications & briefings for crew
· Conduct document control spot-checks.
· Quality & timely reporting
4. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
· Provide input into annual budget planning process.
· Compliance to budget
5. GOVERNANCE, COMPLIANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT
· Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of operational equipment, standards, policies and procedures
· Manage relations with Namibia Ministry of Mines & Energy Diamond Inspectors
· Adherence to standards, policies and procedures
· Plan, schedule, coordinate & supervise crew changes in liaison with HR and aviation contractor
· Manage crew leave balances by rotation planning in liaison with HR
· Personnel growth & development to ensure efficiency & achievement of own development goals
· Learning & development plans
2. Requirements Profile
Dredging / mining / engineering / mineral processing / geology
Minimum / Essential
Mine supervision, budgets control
Local labour, mining, environmental legislations and procedural requirements
2.3 Behavioral / Attitudinal Competencies
a. MFA (First Aid)
b. FF (Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting)
c. PST (Personal Survival Techniques)
d. PSSR (Personal Safety & Social Responsibility)
e. HUET (Helicopter Underwater Escape Training)
f. CSA (Competence in Security Awareness)
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link