Responsible for the gathering and analysing of financial information, supporting and developing budgets, reporting, information dissemination and analysis. This role will provide direct support to the financial manager/financial management team including: month end processes, audit preparation and execution and other ad hoc tasks.
Knowledge and experience
Honours Degree or CA(SA) registered with SAICA
4 years related experience in financial reporting and financial management, accounting, field; and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
Valid Code 08 driver's license (advantageous)
• Prepare project specific and organisational budgets as and when needed.
• Budget development in support of new business activities.
• Ensuring that organisational policies are taken into account in all budgeting processes.
• Develop and update appropriate templates to assist in budget consolidation
• Update and maintain budgets on SAP and Power BI
• Prepare budget redirections based on programmatic needs.
• Prepare monthly project specific financial reports in the required external and internal templates.
• Ensures that all reports are reconciled to the underlying financial system
• Ensure that all required reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis to check completeness and accuracy of reporting
• Ensures all monthly financial reporting and supporting documentation are prepared and submitted to funders on time
• Develop templates for presenting financial progress in a simplified way
• Prepare monthly consolidated reporting which includes management accounts.
• Provide analysis of financial reporting share insights and support to programme directors and other relevant staff.
• Provide insight into whether organisational policies are being adhered from review of the financial report
• Conducts monthly high level reviews of sub-awardees progress against contracted requirements and financial documents
• Reviews reports prepared by others to ensure quality standards are maintained.
• Facilitates accurate forecasting for projects by working with the financial management team and relevant programme staff.
• Creates and maintains relevant templates for accurate and regular forecasting.
• Clearly documents and provides insight to programme directors and other relevant staff on the assumptions used for forecasting.
• Reviews forecasting prepared by others (e.g. accountants, compliance officers) and provides feedback and insight to ensure accuracy, when applicable
• Ensures that budgets, reports, forecasts or presentations are prepared in the required templates and are quality controlled.
• Ensures that rules and regulations are appropriately incorporated into budgets and that adherence is maintained within the organisation.
• Performs other duties as assigned. • Ensures that all work is clearly documented and backed up as necessary
Stakeholder management • Maintains and builds productive relationships with external stakeholders (funders, government, auditors etc.). • Maintains and builds productive relationships with internal stakeholders.
Financial management support • Assists the financial management team in: Finalising month end processes (reviewing of batches, reviewing month end journals). Preparing for and executing efficient and compliant audit processes. Monitor and review the validity, accuracy and completeness of the financial accounts. Support the finance team in meeting deadlines, while maintaining quality standards.
People management • Planning, assigning, and directing work, where applicable • Ensure staff timesheet and leave is managed, where applicable • Engage in the performance review process and provide performance feedback, where applicable
• Ensure that employees are adequately rewarded and disciplined where applicable • Ensure timeous resolution complaints and resolving problems
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link