- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product owners) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like open defect counts
- Develop an in depth understanding of any software under test
- Learn from more senior resources how to create test automation based on business requirements
SOFTWARE YOU’LL USE DAILY
- Visual studio
NICE TO HAVES
- Have a decent amount of financial/investment knowledge and associated database/process design
- Show interest in fintech, cryptocurrencies, blockchain and broader financial industries
- A British or EU passport in addition to a South African passport
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND INTERESTS REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- Flexible/ adaptable. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change. Able to work in a fast-paced environment with a focus on continuous improvement.
- You plan, organise, schedule, and budget in an efficient, productive manner. You focus on key priorities.
- A team player. You reach out to peers and cooperate with executives to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Follow-through on commitments. You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost. You are action-oriented.
- Able to hire and develop A Players. You coach people in their current roles to improve performance and prepare them for future roles.
- A good communicator. You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. You let others speak and seek to understand their viewpoints.
- Creative/ innovative. You generate new and innovative approaches to problems.
- You are able to convince others to pursue a course of action. You are a skilled facilitator and able to resolve conflicts when they occur.
- Ability to think and act strategically while also being hands-on
- Able to deliver on time with outstanding quality content
- Ambitious, dynamic and self-motivated
- Has good time management and organisation skills
- Accountable and strong-willed
- Ability to work in a small team (8-12 people) as well as work independently