Main purpose of the job
A Service Desk operative will assume full responsibility to progress each ticket logged onto the Ticket Management System for any resolver group, irrespective of geography, application or support area, managing by priority and determined by business impact, providing regular end-user updates and ‘realtime’ escalation within any support groups or vendors to ensure visibility of any potential failures to resolve issues to the satisfaction of the end-user.
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Day to day Duties
- As an employee of CC, it is a requirement to fulfil certain daily tasks and duties on time as part of your roles and responsibilities.
- Always meet customer expectations
- Communication internally and to customer should be on time.
- Reflected in work logs.
- Time management:
- Lunch & breaks = 1 hour daily in total
- Proof of consultation with team members when shifts are swapped. Management will assist after this consultation as proved unsuccessful.
- Monitor availability of the team’s time management, being responsible for cover and well-being of the Service desk.
- Professionalism when communicating to internal and external contacts/team members/management and customers.
- To fully understand the client business environment and potential impacts and severities IT related incidents may have to both user and business.
- Accurate logging of all ticket information - ensure full understanding and interpretation of details provided by the end-user.
- To ensure familiarity with client business imperatives, technologies and support processes.
- To ensure acknowledgement of all tickets logged and/or assigned to necessary support groups or associated vendors, within timescales identified within the Service Level Agreement.
- To provide a technical understanding and effective communication to the end-user to assist in resolving any tickets where possible First Time Fixes or even First Line Fixes. This entails:
- Quickly identify, diagnose and troubleshoot
- Identify solutions, through either verbal, front line or Client authorised First Time Fixes
- Ensure correct business severity is identified, based on business impact (GSD Operative to advise user of Impact where necessary) and escalate tickets deemed as high and critical to Client environment, including country, regional and global support management, within agreed timescales
- Accurate identification and assignment to resolver groups.
- Provide ‘proactive’ communication as well as ownership when performance or capacity-related monitoring tools alert to a threshold has breached.
- To provide First Line Support to other clients out of normal UK Business hours where this falls into the current shift rotation.
- Potential overflow logging will be required (secondary analyst to other GSD customers).
- To be fully responsible for progression of each ticket logged on the ticket management system irrespective of End User geography, application or resolver group. It entails:
- Regular end user/business management updates based on SLA
- Escalation within any support group or vendor to ensure real-time visibility of ticket status
- Accurate updates to reflect all events/activities/checkpoints
- Managing changes in severity or business impact, communicate accordingly to defined country, regional, global business or support management teams and End Users
- Monitoring validity of status (e.g. ‘with customer’) according to SLA, ensuring management of clock is documented and the result is a true reflection of the End User experience
- Management of ticket resolution with end-user, ensuring tickets are resolved with acceptance from the end-user or Global IT
- Unless requested by user to unresolved (specific problem reported was not solved) a ticket, it will automatically be closed after 48 hours of resolution.
- Management and maintenance of the mailboxes.
- Correct logging
- Tagging emails
- Filing away
- Advising users of references numbers
- Proactive Improvements
- Proactive development of ‘First Time Fix’ solutions, based on regular review of ticket details, trend analysis reports and technical expertise, to identify re-occurring issues.
- Provision of Interactive Knowledgebase to all Support Groups, to ensure consistent, real-time support to all end-users, regardless of time zone, location or system.
- Feedback via Account management team of suggested improvements.
- Identify and manage multiple-related occurrences, creating higher level problem tickets and communicate progression of resolution to defined country, regional or global business or support management teams.
Third Party Management
- Facilitation and co-ordination of activities for all Client 3rd party vendors contracted directly to Client Global IT
- Facilitation and co-ordination of activities for all ‘local’ Client Third Party Vendors witn the supported geographies defined in Contractual Agreement.
- Management and co-ordination of activities for all ‘local’ Client Third Party Vendors worldwide, where documented and transitioned.
- Management and co-ordination of Hardware support for all in-scope equipment installed within the CC Data Centres.
- Facilitation and co-ordination of activities identified within the Disaster Recovery solution.
- Management and co-ordination of activities identified within any Disaster Recovery solution for all WINTEL based servers, where documented and transitioned.
- Technical expertise to both confidently problem determine or identify issues within the following areas.
- Strong desktop & printer troubleshooting experience (with relevant qualification)
- Strong network trouble shooting
- Network administration
- Citrix administration
- Strong Microsoft Operating systems
- Strong Microsoft Outlook administration
- Strong Microsoft Applications
- Basic Server experience
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A strong service-oriented (‘can-do’) culture, with a strong focus on the ‘internal customer’ approach, committed to exceeding customer expectations.
- Good communicator with the user environment.
- Dynamic but aware of the views and feelings of others.
- Able to operate as a good team player.
- Drive and Energy
- Has an analytical and logical ‘mindset’ when dealing with issues. Demonstrate clear purpose, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Be able to use varying styles of communication to suit the occasion and the audience.
- Suggest new ideas within the team.
- A high command of the English language both written and verbal is essential.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Shift work
- Grade 12 certificate (Matric)
- Good working knowledge of MS Office & Windows XP/Windows7
- 18- 24 months year in the Customer Service industry
- Basic trouble shooting abilities in the technical / Networking environment
- ITIL Foundation v 3 / Good understand of ITIL
- MCP Certified
- MCDST Certified