A leading manufacturing concern in the food services industry is looking to appoint an experienced Financial Manager to their finance department. Their offices are situated at Airport Industria, Cape Town.
The ideal candidate must have a degree in finance or similar and a CA(SA), AGA(SA), PA(SA) or CGMA designation would be highly advantageous. Previous experience in a similar role will also be viewed positively, along with a focus on financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and costing. Manufacturing, production and FMCG experience will be most beneficial.
The company is a specialist in the manufacturing and distribution of frozen food ingredients and their products can be found on shelves across the country.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monthly management accounts reconciled to TB.
- Review of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of the profit and loss for the month.
- Preparation of monthly cash flow forecasts.
- Preparation of budget.
- Comparison of Actual vs Budget vs Forecast.
- Preparation of a 12 month cash flow forecast.
- Detailed costing knowledge.
- Preparation of detailed costing reports.
- Record cost information in expenditure cost control.
- Monitor and control the use of assets and resources within the business.
- Update standard SOPS’s on a continual basis.
- Update all control procedures.
- Preparation of the monthly financial statistics.
- Maintenance of the general ledger and month end closure of the general ledger and other required reconciliations.
- Responsible for the compilation of the financial statements.
- Liaise with auditors and facilitate audit process.
- Perform and report on feasibility studies.
- Update IT improvement and system projects where required.
- Manage finance team.
- Monitor and improve internal controls.
- Ad hoc duties as requested.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or similar.
- CA(SA), AGA(SA), PA(SA), CGMA or similar professional qualification highly advantageous.
- Completed SAICA, SAIPA, CIMA articles.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, preferably post articles experience in a related industry and role.
- Expert MS Excel skills essential (Pivot tables, Data Management, V-Lookup, H-Lookup, Macros, etc.).
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Detail orientated.
- Team player that can work independently.
- Work efficiently under pressure.
- Deadline and target driven.
- R45,000 to R60,000 pm, negotiable on experience.