Under general direction, assesses complex situations that involve greatest risk. Provides guidance, manage and coordinate the resolution of Major IT incidents to minimise impact and downtime to the Business.
Cape Town based
- Facilitate the recovery of all P1/P2 incidents with appropriate reporting and notifications to key Stakeholders.
- Manage persistent incidents from Trend analysis and/or Management escalations.
- Proactively manage incidents to satisfactory resolution in a timely manner, ensuring minimal business impact, and initiative escalation procedure as appropriate.
- Understand and appreciate the impact of incidents on the various Clients' Business, and/or Business SLA's allowing for prioritisation and direction.
- Manage Post Mortem for all major incidents to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Continuous improvement of the Major Incident Management Process.
- Keep Service Desk informed of progress on major incidents and potential workarounds.
- Represent team in Weekly Report Back Meetings with Client.
- Chair Daily Major Incidents Meeting attended by Third Party Vendor as well as internal Service Support Teams.
- Daily Reporting
- Weekly and Monthly Reporting if required
- Schedule, Facilitate and Chair Adhoc task team meetings to ensure that Major/Re-occurring incidents are restored as soon as possible and that the root cause is identified and resolved.
- Provide input for Monthly MIS Reporting.
- Member of Change Approval Board and approval of Emergency Changes.
- Quarterly operation incident reporting as input to the Risk Report.
- Review the continuous improvement of the company Incident Management process.
- Trending of re-occurring incidents and assist with the implementing of additional controls and/or process improvements.
- Assist the Service Desk Team Leader with P3 escalations when required.
- Assist with the implementation of Quality Improvement initiatives at the Service Desk.
- IT related Degree or Diploma and/or a minimum of 3 years relevant IT experience
- ITIL Foundation and/or Incident Management Practitioners Certifications (Recommended)
- 3 Years IT Experience
- Some experience in Incident Management role will be advantageous
- A proven track record of experience in the ITIL disciplines
- Experience in working with multiple Service Providers and Technologies
- Excellent understanding of ITIL and ITIL Governance
- Knowledge of one or more of the Clients' Business and Systems will be an advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Profitable Underwriting
- Client service (Complaints/queries/investigations/advice)
- Coaching, training and quality management
- Reporting and Ad-hoc meetings