Our client is a company in the Cape Winelands priding themselves on designing and implementing high quality solar energy solutions.
Our client is looking for a Junior Solar Technician to join their team.
Key area of responsibility:
The primary responsibilities identified for this position are to successfully use his / her skills and experience to assist with all technical, electrical and admin work or any other duties assigned to him / her from time to time.
A further key responsibility is for stock leaving the office and making sure the correct stock is booked back in according to the job card on completion of each solar installation or maintenance job.
The responsible use and safekeeping of company assets assigned to this position also lies with this person. The set of tools assigned for this job is the sole responsibility of this position and any lost / mislaid tools need to be replaced within a month.
Communication with clients / co-workers / subcontractors must always be in a professional and respectful manner. Excellent service to clients is a key responsibility of the person – we pride ourselves in outstanding service to all clients.
General (applies to all entities):
- At the first point of contact of clients, you need to be friendly and prompt with the answering of telephones.
- Give clients as much information as possible or direct them to the correct person.
- Office neatness: keep your workspace and storeroom neat, organised and tidy.
- All ad-hoc duties as given by the managers.
- Follow up on equipment that are in for repair.
- Conduct site visits.
- Sales leads allocated needs to be followed up and handled according to the documented sales process.
- Leads that call in to the office needs to be sent on email to the Admin Assistant for inclusion in contact database.
- The documented sales process needs to be followed including DSP, SLD and site visits.
- Support and maintenance both on site and remote.
- Electrical and solar installation to be conducted according to SANS specifications and best practices.
- Safety measures to be taken at all times.
- Install, maintain and repair electrical and solar systems.
- Maintain technical knowledge through reading of documentation and diagrams.
- Perform general electrical maintenance.
- Inspect solar installations and other electrical installations.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate testing devices.
- Repair and replace solar equipment, electrical wiring, or fixtures.
- Ensure quality control for installations and maintenance.
- Good knowledge of various test equipment.
- Design of solar systems.
- Ensure that the equipment ordered for all installations / maintenance as indicated in the blue file and discussed with by the technician / management.
- Monthly stock take.
- Send the PO to the supplier – ensure the pricing on the order is correct.
- Ensure that all stock is correctly documented including serial numbers on the job card, for stock on hand, invoicing and SSEG purposes.
Orders and invoices:
- Hand in all slips of expenses made through the credit cards, debit cards or collections.
- Ensure that the correct address and contact details are allocated.
- Vehicles need to be washed at least every 2 weeks or earlier if dirty. Interiors need to be kept neat and tidy.
- Driving needs to be within the rules of the road. Remember, you represent the company even when you are driving.
- Our employees represent the company and needs to communicate in a respectful and friendly manner with clients, managers, co-workers, suppliers, and sub-contractors.
- Make sure your clothing is neat and clean when you get to work.
- Always adhere to the company policy and which may change and / or communicated from time to time.
- Please adhere to COVID protocols while in place including the wearing of masks, washing hands, and filling in health declaration forms daily.
Experience, knowledge, and qualifications:
- Minimum of N3 (or NQF equivalent) with electrical subjects is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ utility experience in a power plant or industry experience is desired.
- Previous experience of preventative and corrective maintenance on a solar plant will be beneficial.
- Previous sales experience will be beneficial.
- An apprenticeship in electrical installation would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages required.
- Code B driver’s license required.
- PLC troubleshooting and maintenance an added advantage.
Area: Stellenbosch, Cape Winelands area
Salary offered: R10 000 – R20 000 per month (depending on previous work experience)
To start as soon as possible.
Please apply online if you meet all the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks from the date of this advertisement.