The Bay Hotel in Camps Bay is seeking a Travel Consultant to join our bespoke team. If you see yourself working in one of Cape Town's most luxurious locations then this position is for you!
Reservations Consultants are responsible for all calls, reservations, and quotations for all properties within the Village & Life portfolio through the Travel Support Channel platform.
- Property Knowledge of all Village & Life trade products
- Policies and Procedures
- Sub Brands
- Details/terms of sub-brands within the Village & Life portfolio
- Superior product knowledge is vital
- Product knowledge is a responsibility not a function
- Maintain a high standard of customer service and excellent communication skills
- Adopting a “can do” attitude with regards to customer enquiries
- Assist in investigating and resolving customer complaints
- Promote and Sell the Village & Life products and services using up-selling and suggestive selling techniques.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge about all Village & Life properties/products.
- Quotations done accurately and with precision
- Confirmation and pro forma invoices processed and issued on time according to procedures and payment schedules
- Follow up and handover of all details of groups to property management and events to the relevant operations manager
- Seek to always maximise revenue sales and occupancies
- Accurately record and process reservations made by phone/fax/email in the Property management system (Opera)
- Transfers to/from the properties booked and accurately confirmed for the right time and date with Transfer Company and with the guest/agent/operator – details to appear on correspondence and in PMS.
- Meal reservations booked and confirmed in advance with the travel desk / restaurant and with the guest/agent/operator – details to appear on correspondence and PMS accurately.
- All correspondence – fax or e-mail to be acknowledged and answered within 24 hours
- Liaison with clients and VNL villages- maintain professional and cordial relations
- Process amendments to reservations such as extensions, early departures, etc
- Manage “no show” reservations by investigation and recording of same
- Record special billing arrangements for reservations in all business segments
- All reservation details: special requests, arrival times, value adds etc to appear on correspondence accurately and in PMS - properties to be aware of guests special requests to meet and exceed guests expectations
- Liaise with Reservations/ Finance & Sales Manager for all reservations requiring credit approval
- Maintain knowledge of special rates/ offers/ promotions
- Immediate communication, to front office, of amendments to on the day arrivals.
- Follow-up on all provisional bookings. Ensure that the bookings are confirmed with deposits / full prepayments / voucher numbers where applicable.
- Follow-up on any special requests, tourism service bookings and arrival times.
- Follow up on all trade peak bookings within the Village and Life property portfolio, ensuring that the trade bookings are confirmed and updated by the end of September each year.
- Communication of any special / VIP bookings to Reservations Manager and Front Office.
- Guest complaints and follow up – communicated to the Travel Support Manager
- Accept waitlist reservations, record and follow up on PMS
- Shifts will be determined by the requirements of the Travel Support centre and will include late shifts to 21H00 and Saturdays and Sundays
Qualification & Experience
- 2 years group consultant experience
- 1 year group Opera Experience
- Hospitality Management Diploma advantageous
- Microsoft Suite
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to email@example.com
**Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 14 days – please consider your application unsuccessful**