Business Developer required for company that provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe., situated in West Africa. (Ghans, Ivory Coast or Burkina Faso.
Responsible for expanding and growing new business, identify new clients to the Geochemistry West Africa region, building new long-term client relationships and maintaining existing clients.
As an ambassador for the business in global markets, the BD Manager West will undertake both local and international travel focusing on meaningful interactions through client visits, potential conferences and trade shows.
The successful candidate would be:
- A Minimum of a tertiary qualification in Science, Engineering, Geology and extensive BD experience in a related field
- Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in both English and French
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Laboratory processes, management, business development or customer services
- A background in either the mineral or the environmental analytical markets is highly desirable
New Business Development, Compliance and Risk Mitigation responsibilities
- Research and build relationships with new clients
- Keep abreast with new technology and changes within the industry
- Keeping up with current trends and identifying business growth opportunities
- Present to and consult with management on market trends and information feedback
- Prospect for potential clients and turn this into increased business
- Meet with current and potential clients by growing, leveraging and maintaining networks
- Participate in sample volume forecasting and budget planning
- Effectively build sustainable long-term client relationships on multiple levels (field, regional and head office)
- Develop a structured and effective marketing and client support strategy
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Supporting with the tendering process
- Liaise and build up strong relationships with the ALS global team to reinforce and support commercial and operational activities
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Meet existing clients to identify challenges and or additional requirements
- Work closely with internal colleagues to understand and meet client’s needs
- Arrange and participate in client debriefs
Consider your application unsuccessful should you not be contacted within 7 working days.