A highly respected media business has a vacancy for a Senior Media Analyst to support and maximize research required and delivery to all Stakeholders. To compile and present strategic analyses and recommendations on Industry Research in the media Landscape to relevant Staff and Departments.
- Compile, analyse and make industry research available to relevant departments using research software applications such as Telmar and Arianna, on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Compile accurate presentations with analyses on audience trends, profiles and programming on request from relevant stakeholders.
- Integrate broader audience knowledge from custom and syndicated sources to formulate recommendations
- Work on audience projections and media trends to assist in informed programming and channel.
- Work closely with the Marketing department by supplying research and media data to inform Media Planning and Marketing Strategies.
- Upskill on Qualitative Research and its role.
- Assist in providing training for departments that rely on research data to ensure quality outputs in their contributions at work.
A Media related Degree or Diploma
Fluent and have a good command of the English language, both verbal and written. The ability to speak, read and write other languages will be an advantage
Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the Media Research / Media related industries
Specific Professional Competencies:
- Advanced knowledge of the TV broadcasting Industry: The new Establishment Survey – ES and TAMS the TV Audience Measurement System / Panel. Knowledge of other Industry research such as AdEx or TGI would be advantageous.
- Be proficient and have a high user level in the following Software Applications: Telmar (including Crosstab functions), Transmit, Arianna and related software programmes such as TechEdge.
- Be able to use PowerPoint, Excel and Word at an advanced level.
- Must be able to compile accurate, well-constructed and analytical presentations with sound recommendations
- A high level of numeracy is imperative
- Be able to work in a team
- Have the ability to work under pressure and be able to meet stringent deadlines
- Must be a self-starter and stay self-motivated.